Lost my keys - Alarm is set on my car

Long story short, I got drunk on St. Pattys day and I left my coat/keys somewhere. The next day I went to FL and came back a week unable to find my keys. I called AAA and they had a locksmith come to over to unlock my doors (I had stuff in my car I needed) and he made me a key.

Now my alarm goes off everytime I open the door, start the car, open the hood…ect. What would be the best way to fix this besides cutting the wires? lol Is there anyway I could just buy another remote thingy? The alarm was installed at best buy 2 years ago, should I call them to see if they can do anything?

You should be able to buy another remote.

:lol:

hahaha no offense but thats an entertaining story. call to see if you can get anohter remote, and the code changed for it in case someone is walking around with your remote.

lol

ya what kind of alarm is it?

and in the mean time, take out the fuse or cut the power wire to your alarm

Most owners manuals have instructions on how to disarm the alarm without the remote. Also sometimes has instructions to bypass it to prevent it from arming. I know the scooby does, and a few fords did too. I’d imagine yours wouldn’t be much different.

I’ll check it out when I get home from nyc.

I can’t remember the name of it, but it started with a “A” lol

i would assume theres gotta be a fuse somewhere along the lines that you could pull?

yea jay there should be a fused wire near the brain u can just pull that for the time being.

Hey, could be worse. It could have had a starter kill relay.

get ahold of Derrick from rainbow, BDR5oH, he should be able to help ya out, might have an extra remote for ya.

I’ll shoot him a PM

Thanks!

find the valet switch, then you’ll be able to put it in valet mode until you get another remote.

that is the best thing to do but if it has the starter kill and u pull a fuse you will not be able to start the car…if u finds the valet switch just put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position and hole the valet switch till the led stay on constant…ull be fine then…

it doesn’t have a starter kill, how would he be driving it :wink:

I found that, but of course it doesn’t work.

did u check Marcella’s or Peppermints like i said u should do? you prolly left them at one of those 2 places