Project: 1959 Porsche 356

This car was dropped off at another shop and the owner was unhappy with how they were working on it. They caked bondo on the doors, destroyed the rear hatch with burn-throughs, warpage, and the entire car needed attention it wasn’t getting, so they brought it to us.

This is what it looked like when it was dropped off:

Bondo caked on the doors.

Rear panel had burn thoughs from the poor mig welding and more or less was a mess.

We started by shaving the antenna on the front.

Then started by circling all the major flaws and got started on the rear quarter and roof.

think i saw this on a flatbed last week.

offtopic, your new shop is about 1 mile from mine. I rent a garage from a buddy up on settles hill

in for moar pics. stock resto or a new engine ?

It wasnt on a flat bed musta been another one. Its been in the shop for a month now, until we finaly had time to work on it.

Stock resto. The owner has a laminated “how to” binder how he wants it done. I am talking #mm door gaps, bolt size and head type for this part here, % gloss finish on that part there. very detailed. I guess restored they are $60K+ cars.

I’ve always had a thing for the bathtubs. Definitely interesting history associated with these cars.

mike please keep this updated, i’d love to see one of these come together start to finish!!