PROJECT: AWD CRX

[quote=“layzie,post:18,topic:25073"”]

sweet another honda ruined with dsm parts.

this has already been done and not useing dsm parts

some old school awd hondas that been turbod:

[/quote]

yeah i have spoke with the guy from honda tech. kind of an a$$ till he found out that i was an engineer… then by the end he was asking my “?”

but i am going with the dsm for the rally parts that are on the market.

should be a nice setup.

why not put this in something weird. like a geo metro or a vw rabbit. anything you do to a honda has already been done.

[quote=“layzie,post:23,topic:25073"”]

why not put this in something weird. like a geo metro or a vw rabbit. anything you do to a honda has already been done.

[/quote]

so has 600+hp, that is y i did not do it. and if you READ what i am doing then you will under stand a little more. And the next time i Cu i am going to give you a huge and thank you for blessing me with your knowlege. NOW back on topic.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:24,topic:25073"”]

so has 600+hp, that is y i did not do it. and if you READ what i am doing then you will under stand a little more. And the next time i Cu i am going to give you a huge and thank you for blessing me with your knowlege. NOW back on topic.

[/quote]

i dont even know you. i never said i was a trend started, but i can count all the 600+hp hondas around here on 1 hand…um 1 …ME!

i was just saying why not put it in something way out of the ordinary

[quote=“layzie,post:25,topic:25073"”]

i dont even know you. i never said i was a trend started, but i can count all the 600+hp hondas around here on 1 hand…um 1 …ME!

i was just saying why not put it in something way out of the ordinary

[/quote]

we have ment. well maybe i have to increase my goals and make it 601 hp AND then it will be me…

[quote=“Anonymity,post:26,topic:25073"”]

we have ment. well maybe i have to increase my goals and make it 601 hp AND then it will be me…

[/quote]

try 651 sense im already 650 and that was last year :wink: and i dont remember meeting you

well 651 and awd, ok then, and 2100lbs, sounds like fun.

i wasnt a good lay for you and i did not think you where god with a 600+ hp car.

Stop shitting up Dan’s thread…

[quote=“layzie,post:18,topic:25073"”]

sweet another honda ruined with dsm parts.

this has already been done and not useing dsm parts

some old school awd hondas that been turbod:

[/quote]

Stock beat cond. dsm parts used in any of those swaps would have been an improvement…

But I like this one… pic of hatch w/4g63t & awd swap - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

[quote=“Anonymity”"]

It had 135,XXX on the clock. Has some rust

[/quote]

wow, i would try another shell

take the body of a car that will def rust and put in a drivetrain that will def fail… :tif:

[quote=“newman,post:31,topic:25073"”]

wow, i would try another shell

[/quote]

HA, HA. No body rust. fenders are plastic. just surface rust. NO holes other ten the ones i made. I had to search for this shell so it was a nice comprmise.

Sounds like a really fun project. Good Luck with it.

Sounds like fun. Lightweight, usable power, sounds like a good all around performer, and not just a straight line zero… :wink:

X…

2.4L will not rev out like crazy (~1.4x:1 r/s ratio give or take) but it’s got low end like no other. IIRC you can shift the curve to the left by 500 - 800 or so RPM’s

[quote=“Anonymity,post:33,topic:25073"”]

HA, HA. No body rust. fenders are plastic. just surface rust. NO holes other ten the ones i made. I had to search for this shell so it was a nice comprmise.

[/quote]

the cost effectiveness of doing the simple body work heavily outweighs overpaying for a different shell… Especially if it’s just surface rust.

also, there are a bunch of guys on evolutionm.net that have done various builds similar to what you are doing. It’s a good place to do some research, as long as you can ignore the large number of evo drivers that will always reply with “that’s a stupid idea, just buy an evo”

and… roadraceengineering.com for all your dsm needs :tup:

[quote=“burnt_toast,post:37,topic:25073"”]

and… roadraceengineering.com for all your dsm needs :tup:

[/quote]

That may have been true 5 - 10 years ago but not so much today. There are plenty of good DSM shops around that are just as good as RRE. Innovative and Hybrid are both great places just as good as RRE.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:38,topic:25073"”]

That may have been true 5 - 10 years ago but not so much today. There are plenty of good DSM shops around that are just as good as RRE. Innovative and Hybrid are both great places just as good as RRE.

[/quote]

Yea I suppose I can agree with that. Supporting the local shops is always a plus too

what are you going to do with this thing dan? Are you making it a street car?