PROJECT: AWD CRX

[quote=“POOPRA,post:40,topic:25073"”]

what are you going to do with this thing dan? Are you making it a street car?

[/quote]

yes this will be a street car. I wanted this car so that it is 20+ years old for insurance.

[quote=“burnt_toast,post:37,topic:25073"”]

the cost effectiveness of doing the simple body work heavily outweighs overpaying for a different shell… Especially if it’s just surface rust.

also, there are a bunch of guys on evolutionm.net that have done various builds similar to what you are doing. It’s a good place to do some research, as long as you can ignore the large number of evo drivers that will always reply with “that’s a stupid idea, just buy an evo”

and… roadraceengineering.com for all your dsm needs :tup:

[/quote]

newman was just pulling my chain because i complained about his shell. But there is a strong breed of DSM shop right in ourback door, matter of fact most of them are on my racecar.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:42,topic:25073"”]

newman was just pulling my chain because i complained about his shell. But there is a strong breed of DSM shop right in ourback door, matter of fact most of them are on my racecar.

[/quote]

truth, i heard dan had gary on the hood of this car… its how dan got knocked up :eyebrow:

[quote=“Devioustsi,post:30,topic:25073"”]

Stock beat cond. dsm parts used in any of those swaps would have been an improvement…

But I like this one… pic of hatch w/4g63t & awd swap - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

[/quote]

that looks fugly but prob drives like a beast

updates?

As much as I don’t want to speak for Dan, getting his Eg driveable, his son and work have kept him from doing anything on the CRX AFAIK.

BITCH!- I will take some pics of the work I did b4 the EG.

Bump, any work on this thing lately?

He scrapped it… AWD CRX no more…

Boooo

hey if you get frustrated and throw an axle or another awd related part through the windshield…you know who to call.

oh thats a shame. looks like i might have found my winter/summer boredom project.

4g63 doesn’t seem like that hard of a swap, just a little bit of cutting and a good week of work

anyone have a donor car?

yes, this project has been taken to the metal gods.
Reasons:

1. too many parts i would have to re fab for spares
  2. old rusty parts suck…
  3. wife wants a a convertible

solution:
http://www.acautos.com/67roadster.php

That is why i am looking for a motor.

PS mods you can lock this I will start a new DIY thread.