PROJECT: AWD CRX

I have been working on this project since (2004). In this time i have done:

Found the chassis:1985 Honda CRX HF

Reason:

1. i like the look
  2. 2 door
  3. at least 20 years old (because of the metal that was used)
  4. 1713lbs. soaking wet http://www.crxsi.com/specs.htm
  5. wheel base under 100 inches
  6. and some misc. stuff

I found the chassis in w.falls, ny. It had 135,XXX on the clock. Has some rust but nothing I was will not drive + 100 miles to find another one. After i had it home, everything was removed. Then put on the scales, 1000 lbs. was the total wieght. Then with a couple of jack stands and a floor jack i found the C.G. and began to make the roll cage. 30+ feet of DOM 095 x 1.5 inch and 15 feet of 095 1 inch. That made me 12 points from the fire wall back.

Then i built the roundy round car.

In between I have been going thru different drive trains. I thought I was going to use a turbo crv v-tec with a crv drive train. Then I ran into some problems, i.e lsd, axles, springs, shocks.

Then I thought of scooby, and found out that the do not like water crossings. (see the WRC) and i did not want that wieght in front of the axles.

Then the one that i am going to use DSM. I found the proper year suspension sub frame (front and rear)(with the help of DSM Gary).

Reason for DSM:

1. alot of parts for them (from mild to wild)

So the SPEC list/ goal:

85 inch wheel base
72 inch + track width
2100 less lbs
375-500 whp and some tq

*currently i am working on mounting the sub frames to the chassis.

Sounds great but
needpic: :needpic:

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:2,topic:25073"”]

Sounds great but
needpic: :needpic:

[/quote]

word but i am at the hospital with the baby, and it was the only time i had to type all of this. I would rather be working on the project verses typing on the net. stay tuned.

Ive been waiting on this project to come out!

So what will the motor be…

yea man get some pics up :tup:

Bad-ass man, can’t wait to see this thing in action! :tup:

dont worry i am a pic whore also.

Motor:

I have not came up with the build sheet yet. The only thing that i have bought for the motor is the block off plate for the water pump. I am thinking it will be a stroker motor breed. 2.3 or 2.4.

The car will be able to pull of some nice trix. I am building it to square spec.'s 50/50 weight, 50/50 power transfer, almost the track width and wheel base 50/50. I would like that when i jump it to “right” it’s self in the air.

is it gonna be a honda motor or a 4g63?

why stroker? forced induction at all?

Some other things:

Anti lag
Rotational idle
Meth and water injection
Coolers: engine, trans, fuel, diff

dsm 4g63, or the sonata motor. turbo stroker motor.

2.4L 6bolt G4CS is probably the best way to go. GT35R, FP3065 or similar turbo will be perfect for that setup and your goals, Daniel J.

I think diff coolers are a bit excessive but touche’. You might also want to think about a dry sump oiler as well.

If you want any/all of my head parts, I will save them for you, big cams, ss valves (stock size), dual springs, ti retainers; good for a 10k valvetrain.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:3,topic:25073"”]

word but i am at the hospital with the baby, and it was the only time i had to type all of this. I would rather be working on the project verses typing on the net. stay tuned.

[/quote]

umm… Since I’m your cousin… I should probably get to see this in person soon… Then I can drool in the garage as opposed to my computer chair.

This is going to be sick… A honda that will win my heart.

i realize its sweet that crx’s are so light and all, but isnt this project just gonna be more trouble then its worth?

Not if your willing and want to be different.

sounds awesome and the crx is the perfect platform to play with

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:11,topic:25073"”]

2.4L 6bolt G4CS is probably the best way to go. GT35R, FP3065 or similar turbo will be perfect for that setup and your goals, Daniel J.

I think diff coolers are a bit excessive but touche’. You might also want to think about a dry sump oiler as well.

If you want any/all of my head parts, I will save them for you, big cams, ss valves (stock size), dual springs, ti retainers; good for a 10k valvetrain.

[/quote]

i will speak to you about that, i dont think i will ever see 10k. unless i miss shift. and that has happened before.

sweet another honda ruined with dsm parts.

this has already been done and not useing dsm parts

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1708933

some old school awd hondas that been turbod:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1886449

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1904524

[quote=“Anonymity,post:17,topic:25073"”]

i will speak to you about that, i dont think i will ever see 10k. unless i miss shift. and that has happened before.

[/quote]

The camshaft company recommends upgraded valve train for those if you want them. We’ll talk about it later.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:14,topic:25073"”]

i realize its sweet that crx’s are so light and all, but isnt this project just gonna be more trouble then its worth?

[/quote]

you are so right. but trouble for one is enjoyment for another.