project "GET HEAD" complete

Pretty much. I just like the Modular because it combines ford V8 heritage with newer technology. Plus it’s a bitch to put together so I liked the challenge.

who the fuck wants a challenge. i want cheap and reliable. (those 2 words are thngs you wont get when building a ford…or a subaru for that matter :headbang)

The challenge of precisely timing 4 camshafts was silly, and the sense of accomplishment once I got it was great.

A lot of people build modular fords ‘good enough’…and then there are the handful of them in the US that are done right. One of them is sitting in my driveway under 2 feet of snow:)

id much rather build a chevy. cheaper hp/$ than any ford ive ever seen. price out a 358 dirt series engine with chevy parts then do the same for a ford… the ford motor, to make the same power, is about 2-3k$ more… fuck that. bowtie power as far as that shit goes.

I may be wrong, but I think you could build a high HP 302 Ford cheaper then a Chevy. High HP is 1000, not 400:) It all depends on what you start out with though I guess.

what he said

+1, big cc heads for a LSx motor arent cheap…by any means. Richie paid $2200+ for his set…unported. You can get a nice TFS/AFR 225 head for $1500-1700+port work

i can get a set of high flowin afr,s for mine for 1500 wit port work :ninja

i wasnt talking street motors. as i said before a dirt motor can be sourced cheaper with chevy parts than with fords.

most gen 1 and 2 chevys are the cheapest motors to get power out of :nod

Dude Tony is this in your storage place? When i pick up the car can check this thing out?

i heard u got a chance to spray on the dyno, 750wheel? is that true?

:eek2 no wayy…

well said

DAMN big boy numbers. if true CONGRATS!!! thats friggin awesome

I coulda swore he(Tony) was running a baby shot through it, but if ya went big boy status congrats man. Those are some great #'s!

:shiftyi see what’s going on here:shifty

i dont know where rumors come from, but i did not spray it on the dyno yet. Im GONNA, but i am waiting on new tires, mine have cords coming through, and the car was spinning on the dyno n/a even when it was tied down more than usual. I’m thinking i should have a 700rwhp dyno sheet but 750 might be pushin it until i get the new computer that there working on that will let me push a button and switch tunes so i can run more fuel and less timing for a 150 shot.

Sick, sounds alot like what kinda tune im planning on doing…

yah, like everyone always say a dyno is just a tuning machine, we will see what kind of track #'s i can put togeather. i know i went 10.6 @ 137 w/ a DEtuned 514rwhp and a 100 shot, so im thinking even NA real close to 600rwhp this spring i should be well in the 10’s and 130’s, it will be a whole other story when i hit it w/ a little sauce!!!