Project Quest...4/26

Alright so it was time to modify the old exhaust.The header makes the turbo sit farther back.I needed to have a 90 from the turbo so it wouldnt hit my firewall.I went to muffelerman and had them cut a prebent 90 and put a vband flare on it.Excuse my welding.This was my first time and i probably will use heat wrap anyway.

I then cut off the stock flange and some pipe.What you have below is about a 65* angle.

My friend brought over his shit so i could make it happen.
We cut the piece at 12 1/2* so it would make a 90.Protracters are your friend.

It turned out pretty decent.

I put in a flex pipe and a 3 bolt flange for removal purposes.I still needed a little more to reach the prebent 90.I just used a coupling for that.

Heres how it sits now.It fits real nice.Im going to run my dumptube later

Underneath the car.I still need a gasket for it.theres a bung on the otherside for my AEM wideband.I welded the nuts in place

The exhaust was only about 3" from the ground before.Now it actually looks right.Nice and tight to the car.

I went to home depot and after some searching around i found these brackets.I figured something like this would be perfect for mounting.I used the stock bolt holes and it seems to be pretty solid.1 underneath 2 on the top.I have some reducing couplers on the way.I mocked up the piping for now.Hopefully thats tomorrow.