Protection from floor jack

If you have a floor jack that scratches stuff, a hockey puck works really well. Just drop it in the saddle. And it doesn’t leave you wondering if the piece of wood is going to crack. Found this while looking for those rubber protectors that they make for the jacks.

you can use a scrap piece of composite decking wood also… won’t crack very easily.

Thats awesome advice, I never thought of using a hockey puck.

jeff do you play hockey?

that is a good idea jeff, never thought of it!

good advice.

and if you dont have a puck, just check the net behind burnyd… there are always plenty of them there.

I played street hockey (on foot, not skates) maybe three times like 20 years ago. I guess that would be no. :slight_smile:

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

please… you couldnt score if it was a soccer net and I had a 32" waist line!

I use 4 sets of 2 hockey pucks epoxied together w/ a large “eye-bolt” threaded into them for lifting my 'vette on a lift. Or 1 at a time for floor jacks. The “eye-bolt” slides into the factory tie-down slot, then you turn it 90 degrees to sorta lock ‘em in place. Those locations make great places to jack-stand the car too if you get stands w/ round tops. They’re nice and out of the way of the susp/drivetrain if you’re workin’ on any of that. Of course that doesn’t apply as well to Fbodies but it might work since you have those slots in the sub-frames.

-TJ