Proud Owner (93 MR2)

Nice! I’m trying to pick up a shell to do a v6 swap, I love these mr2s.

NICE CAR MAN!!

im riggs’ friend with the talon.you gotta give me a ride in that beauty!!

^Absolutely. He told me about your Talon. Sound Fast.

Yes the girlfriend lives with me. Actually it was my idea to put that in the front window.

The dog is mine. She has the 5, yes 5, cats. The house is plenty big for them and the dog.

As Joe said I got some plans. Nothing will be hastily done. Even with the paint showing through is some spots it doesn’t irratate me as much as I thought it would but I plan on getting it looking better for now, then repaint in a couple years.

This car is the 2.2L 5S-FE NA. The more I drive it the more I am happy with the power. I thought about a 1MZ swap but that is out a few years until I get tired of the torquey 5S…which seems to be a long ways away.

For now, I just plan on “cleaning” the interior up a little (actually very little because Joe kept this thing immaculate), detail the motor, some good wheels/tires, and enjoy it for the summer.

My list for the Winter time:

• Poly Bushings all around
  • Eibach Sportlines
  • Koni Yellows
  • TRD Sways Frt/Back (If I can find a set)
  • Stainless Brake Lines
  • New Pads/Rotors (Not sure if they need replacement, I doubt it)
  • Ball joints if they are loose

Budget is around $1,500 depending on how this sumer goes with house expenses. I want to keep this a nice, clean, all around fun MR2.

are you with tommi still? 5 cats holy shit…

edit: i suck at spellign…

Luke, I will respond to this later when I have more time, later tonight.

Just to be clear to everyone it was Tommi, a chick, and no…she went nuts and I went my seperate way.

Any advice/critiscism/suggestions are always welcome from you.

^^ lol my bad… and yea i knew she was a bit crazy, was wondering when she was gonna go bananas on you too…

Poly bushings are a great idea. I am not so partial to the Eibachs, I had them and was not a fan. Replaced them with Tein S. Techs, much better in my eyes, and lower the car more. Cannot speak for Koni yellows, but have heard great things. I went with the KYB AGX’s, no complaints there. TRD sway bars are great but expensive. Suspension Techniques are better priced, and very good, but either way, you need to contact ClubMR2 and get their sway bar end links. They’re amazing. I would never advise againts SS brake lines, I have tem and love them too. You don’t need pads and rotors, they’re going to be good for a while. When you do need them, contact ClubMR2, and get the Powerslots, with Porterfield R4S pads. You felt that first hand in my '91, and I know you were impressed by them. Your ball joints are fine too.

Any other ?'s Luke, you know the #…

Great info as always. Thanks buddy.

Looks good Luke! Thill was telling me how clean this car is. It is about time!

This car is clean as fcuk…i still can’t believe joe sold it.

Just make sure you tighten ALL of the intake hoses on this car, and using clamps helps too… :deadhorse2: :roflpicard:

jk jk, <3

It deserved to be treated well, and it’s in great hands with Luke. It had no business being daily dirven by me…I have too much respect for MR2’s…

Plus I’m totally content with driving a Honda daily again. I’ve missed it…

^ I appreciate your sentiments. I am starting to get the ol’ “cars are fun to drive” feeling back. This morning was the first time I did not drive the Two since I got it. Plus, I only registered it last night.

Just picked up a Black Headliner and Dome Cover…It’s getting there.

Thanks buddy. It only took 4 years to get one…but, it was totally worth the wait.

Opinions needed:

I really like the second wheel and already bought it before I got the car. But the stock wheel is not all that bad. Thoughts?