PRP trip today!! new best et

went to prp today

first run was good.

went 1.96 60… i went off the line kinda weak.
8.94 at 77
13.98 at 97.9… mph is down some today from my previous 100mph bests.

second run did my best
1.937 60 foot… i went hard on launch but let off as i thought it was gonna spin bad but it dead hooked so i had some more in it if i stayed in it.
8.86 at 77.6
13.88 at abit over 98mph

not bad

87_TA was out there too with his new 496 big block camaro. took some passes. went a best of 10.07 at 135 with little tunning.
i got a vid of his first pass… 10.2 at 133
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/024FF74E-B821-4D69-BD9B-849A57A5DBC0.htm

congrats, but still slower than my truck.:finger:

congrats

L98 Powa

^/

dont you have a stall? dont you have suspension? also dont you have like 400lbft? then if so why are you cutting such low 60’s

I think the answer is easy to see…he’s not Quik.

well besides that point, i was wondering, maybe his setup may need fine tuning, a stall of his speed should net alot lower 60’s stock converters and suspension see those 60’s. also if he has a stickie tire then it deff should be alot lower

yes quik, it should do alot better 60 foot. my best ever is 1.88. i cant drive it all that great yet. depends on track prep tho. i’m on street tires and my street tires have some decent bite to them, but they aint no drag radial LOL with all that low end power, it spins well so i gotta try and find that balance where i’m on the limit of goin into spin.

with sticky tires and full stall useage, it will definately cut some LOW 60’s.

right now the car is setup mainly for handling with stiff springs and shocks. i adjusted the front shocks to the softest setting but kept the rear moderately stiff as it seemed to work best for me. i might try to soften the rear abit

also i’ll try lowering the control arms to the bottom bracket hole next time. right now its set to parrallel with the ground, so it handles very good and has somewhat good straightline traction.

i know its not the fastest thing, but for a full exhaust only 150K mile L98, its moving pretty darn good.

congrats

now go get some drag radials.

M/T drag radials

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

I think he is doing great with a basically stock L98!
1.93 60 is pretty good on street tires, especially with a car that
makes all of its power so low.
You don’t see many guys dipping below 2.0s with basically stock
cars with on real street tires. Not saying they should not be~but
most are not.
And to hit 1.88 on stock L98 on radials is awsome.

:cool:

thanks tom! yeah my car does really good for just exhaust mods and converter, like i said.

it does have alot more in it on the launch tho, i just need alot more seat time and to get use to the track prep on that day. it does well. it just needs some more traction and some more gearing

congrats
damn didn’t know 87TA was running hte camaro this year. that is sick

damn didn’t know 87TA was running hte camaro this year. that is sick

yeah he’s gettin some shakedown passes… the car’s a beast! sounds great too. and no tunin yet i believe.

congrats orr.

will 11 wide 4th gen wheels fit on a 3rd gen? if so. i got some beat as nittos on my car right now… im gonna be goin up there in the next week or two then gettin new tires. you can borrow the tires for a run. but i need them to do my runs.

11inch will fit but i would need 2 inch spacers and then pound in the inner fender well to get them to fit just right.

i want to run 11inch zr1 wheels. i have a LS1 rear that i have yet to put in. i’m not sure how much wheel well i would have to pound out to get them to not rub. but it sure wouldnt be a bolt on and run situation.

thanks for the offer tho! i would gladly accept if it would work

let me know when ur goin up, i’d like to see you run.