PS2 Repairs?

Hey guys. I haven’t owned a “next gen” system since I moved back to the area, so its been over a year now. A buddy of mine has one of the older PS2’s, broken, that he said he’d just give to me. He said he thinks there may be something wrong with the motor in it as it makes some crazy noises when it tries to read the disc. Does anyone here know how to repair the system or can anyone recommend a place that could do it? Obviously I’m willing to pay to repair it. I just don’t feel like cluttering up my room with more useless stuff if I can’t get it to work. Much thanks.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3221

^^ i’d say pm poose22

:word:

I (the fiance actually) ended up picking up a “new” one before I met up with Poose.

The ancient one I had seemed to do alright after swabbing as well.

Try blowing the dust out of it…works sometimes :slight_smile:

pending on what it’s actually doing, the voltage on the laser is prolly not correct. i havent ever tried adjusting the voltage on a ps2 cus it’s not worth it if you dont know how to do it. plus, after adjusting the voltage, they usually give u dre’s soon after anyways. is the system still reading all disks fine, but just giving u that crazy noise? if the laser is still reading games fine, then i imagine it’s probably not the voltage that needs to be adjusted. the best thing to do in this situation would be to open it up and examine it. cus if you tell many things that way. if you want, ill try and fix it for $20. if i cant, no need to give me money. better off than spending $100 on a new 1

I still have my ps2 and it works great

I got it the first week it came out

:word: :tup:

I got mine on the second run after the initial shortage. I cleaned the laser once a few months ago. Other than that, its been great.

Bring it by my apartment just give me a call, and I’ll clean it up for you. Should have it done in like 10 minutes. Make sure you bring a copy of gt4 so we can hook that shit up to my projector. :tup: