Who can fix a PS2?

i have a slim ps2. brother decided to mod it. i allowed it on the condition if he breaks it he buys me a new one. well guess what happened.

and now hes bein a bitch about buying a new one.

what happened is he got it modded and working, then opened it back up to reduce the power of the laser or something and now it wont work.

annnnnnnndddddddd he’s off at georgia tech so he isnt around to try and fix it, or to beat up for money.

any help? will pay $$ for it to work

i guess it needs a new laser lens…

brother: it worked modded…but then i didn’t have that laser chip in…so i took it apart and put that chip in, which is where i might have fried a diode, and then i put it back together and the laser lens was fried…which could have been because the laser was overheated w/out the laser chip
brother: so its either because i didn’t have the laser chip in or because i fried a diode
GeeHee13b: so it needs a new laser lens?
brother: ya

i have experience fixing ps2’s that havent been modded. in ur case im not too sure, but it prolly is the laser, but not positive

pm silence… he knows someone who can mod x boxes prety good

better ask your bro for a new one, lol…

YOu should spend less time posting and more time kicking your brother’s ass.

i’d have to e-kick his ass cause like i said he’s chillin in ATL at GTech

pmed with tha snkyness. :snky: :slight_smile:

Pumice T’s 10-step repair service. Now with only 1 step!!
1.) Do what everyone and his sister has done since the beginning of retail.

I won’t explain because SilencingMachine thinks no one knows about it. Meanwhile, my 34 yr. old coworker says she’s done it herself, and she’s a pretty upstanding citizen.

831-9111 this guy scott repairs PCs and PS2s and that kinda stuff…its called PC Paramedics

make sure you de-mod the PS2 before sending it back. Thats why they track that sort of shit, and make you sign the slip

ehhhh you may want to edit your post there Mister-T (aka Big Pum, aka R. Pumice)

Nah. If he does it right (pays cash, and puts false info on the form when he returns it) it’ll never be traced back to him. Now, maybe THAT’s something I shouldn’t post, but like I said in that PM - this isn’t a “public” forum, you have to register to see posts. Right?

edited

edited :snky:

Edited, in case the Feds or BestBuy are monitoring this site. :roll:

thx

I think you are under the impression that only a select few have thought of this process. I seriously think everyone knows about it. Some feel it is below their moral standards to do something like it, while others feel that companies could handle a little loss here and there.

FYI - “Forward thinking” implies thinking in a way that is ahead of its time - inventive. Maybe you are thinking ahead, but not in a way that no one else has thought before.

I just think it’s possible that you may be giving the mouthbreathers too much credit. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:
[font=Arial]
Thx again.
[/font]

lots of edits in this thread.