Place to fix a PS2?

So i ran to two electronics boutiques today to get a PS2 tuned up… they’re both closed apparently. As in shuttered.

We are passing this PS2 onto the fiance’s 8yr old brother but is has read / load issues.

Any good place to take it to that doesnt charge $60 / hour?

KTHX

60/hr is gonna kill you though… anyone with a shop that looks at this crap usually fixes it in an hour… and they aren’t gonna do it for 20 bux. I think SM deals with these things though…

i have fixed tons of ps2’s with this issue. if you want ill fix it for $20. if i cant get it working, ill tell you what you need and i wont take ur $20.

^^ yeah have poose check it out… and if it will cost too much in parts to fix it – let me know and i’ll drop the snky :snky: on you…

kk, poose ygpm

is it a slim or regular style?

old school

yeah i’d say your best bet is to try and fix it then… :ohnoes:

if its just read errors, save some money and do it yourself.

unscrew the cover on the bottom, get a swab and some alcohol, and clean the lens. 9 out of 10 times, thats all it is - a dusty laser lens. worked for me when i had issues with GT4.

if u need more specific instructions, just google “PS2 read error”

:tup: that worked for me to.

Do it, it works.

Thats funny. I had issues with GT4 too. It was the first and only game to give me problems. I cleaned the laser with alcohol and a swab and it worked perfectly ever since.

GT4 had notorious issues with the older ps2 - i think it had to do with the amount of data they jammed into that game…