PS3 Continuesly Freezing

Anyone else have this problem. It’s not even with discs. I browse around the home menu enough and it will just freeze up. Sometimes I can actually access a game and start playing but it will freeze. Am I SoL?

Just because every Xbox thread is full of PS3 sack riders…

OMG… 360 IS SOOOO MUCH BETTERZ!!@1111

When did you buy it??

Is the fan working?

Contact PS3 support - they helped me with my issue

OMGZ HAHAHA

NEXT TIME BUY AN XBOX

Edit: This is what you get for Just Karter hating on on the Xbox

It could be a bad hard drive or maybe its caked full of dust (common problem).How long does it take to freeze up?

Yeah, youre overheating. Do you have pets?

Clean that thing out.

I kinda figured it was over heating…I don’t have any pets. If anyone is comparing Xbox to PS3…Well Xbox has a 52% failure rate.

52% STILL even after all thier “fixes” Screw that JUNK.

Clean it out, its likely very dusty, also if you have it on carpet, move it to a hard surface. the ps3 intercooler is only like 20$, I’m thinking about looking into one.

Yep…I vacuumed it and used compressed air and it seems to be back to normal. Maybe I’ll look into the cooler.

I knew it had to be something with the fan - where do you keep it?

• Is it in a well ventilated area and is it sitting on the ground or within an entertainment center?

It’s in an entertainment center in my basement. It does have adequate space to get air circulating. This house however is extremely dusty. I just changed the air filter for the furnace so I hope that cuts down.

the air filter won’t fix dust that’s already there. clean that thing out. the PS3 comes apart real easy. it sounds like overheating to me.

i leave my PS3 in a sealed cabinet hoping to god it overheats. it would be awesome for it to get swapped out. i have a service plan, and i’d return it to a gift card, then buy a cheap bluray player and just buy a bunch of xbox games.