PS3 question.

I’m looking to get a PS3
is there any reason i should go up to a 60 or 80g hard drive?
or just get a 40g, I’m not that into gaming so i dont need the extra memory.
I would get a 360 but I cant not get the hang of the controler.

Any positive/useful input helps

thanks!

huh? the controller is essentially the same

this is in the wrong forum btw

the only positive thing i have to say is buy a 360

My biggest issue with the PS3 isn’t anything with the hardware

its the lack of support in games, which is a lack of support from game producers

So it can break in a month?

I have a ps3, and it is great, and they are starting to come around on the game front… and besides, it has a blu ray play, and 360 has the now obsolete hd dvd

oh gt5 is out too, :tup:

LOL @ Kevin. The PS3 is a much better made console compared to the 360. Having both, I wish more games were on my PS3 because I prefer to play on it. But, getting back on topic, the 60 gig is the first but it has the most PS2 backward compatibility. It has an actual emotion chip in it to play games. The 80 gig does not but it uses software PS2 emulation and thus does not have as big of a compatible list as the 60 gig does. The first chink in the 60 gig armor is GTAIV is having problems with playing those but I assume Rockstar will fix that in the coming weeks.

^^^ The Dude speaks truth.

I love my ps3 as well. You just have to get the good exclusives for it…I have GT5Prologue, the new ratchet and clank, the new unreal tournament. Resistance fall of man was awesome and resistance 2 is going to be insane with 64 person multiplayer.

Their PSN is not on par compared to xbox live, but it also doesn’t cost as much either.

As far as which one to get, doesn’t really matter if you don’t need alot of space and don’t want to play ps2 or ps1 games. If you do want to play older games get the 80gb.

for the people that own ps3’s, how many games use the install function?

I was surprised when a friend of mine got his new 40gb ps3 and had to install the new devil may cry. I mean, if you have the small hard drive… what happens if you run out of room? uninstall the game… then re-install anytime you want to play it again?

I would assume that there are only a few games that actually use that, but not sure. It’s a cool system, no doubt… burnout rules

There’s a few, and probably more comming. GT5P takes anywhere from 2gb to 5gb, gta4 takes like 4gb. Of course any games you download. Demos are around 500mb-1gb, but some are much smaller like the arcade style demos. Home is going to be around 1gb.

I have the 60gb, and I have about 30 demos (quite a few of them 500mb+), 10 psp demos, home, grand tourismo save (3gb), about a dozen cd’s in the best mp3 format. And a handful of 50-100mb videos from youtube and whatnot. I"m at about 25/55gb free.

The only game that I have installed on my ps3 is GTA4. But then again, if I ever run out of room, I’ll just swap out the HDD for a bigger one.

I still got PS2
i see these have wi fi? i cant pick up the wireless signal in my house?

PS2 doesn’t have a built in wireless card.

I ment the PS3 has wi fi

I found a PS3 system 40 gig bundle brand new at store for 339 + tax
good deal or find something cheaper else where?

Sounds like a good deal, where was that deal at?

LOl I’m sure he’ll let you know right AFTER he picks his up…

He said a store… :shrug: I would assume a store has more than 1?

game players unlimited is where i found that deal, say thats the price always