PS3 will sell out like crazy!

:tif: I would say 3 years at most but you are not going to be able to play EVERY game that comes out on a respectable framerate or resolution for gaming without upgrades.

…I heard you can, but havent invested yet.

lol all i was trying to say is that PC gaming is more costly than console gaming.Didnt you just buy a $500 videocard?

I know that you dont need the latest and greatest to run a game and play it but many people like to have it because its more enjoyable.

Remember, they released the 360 a full year before the PS3. With that in mind, the price of HD’s change dramatically in one years time, smaller density drives get cheaper, etc. Whether that was a reason for the decision to go with only a 20 gig drive or not, who knows. What they should do is allow you to do is upload your content via Xbox live so you can send in your 20 gig and exchange it for a 120 gig for a reduced price. They probably won’t but that’s what they should do.

That being said, I agree with what Raven said, games and content drive a system regardless of how much better/worse the hardware is.

Thats a good idea.

Mainly a sony hate, but i have owned each playstation and they have both collected dust. My girlfriend has my ps2 cause she likes the kingdom hearts games. I have to say that any game that incorporates tron is fucking great in my book anyway.

Give away the razor, then make a killing on the blades.

That’s how it works.

Also, it’s funny how there is sides to this whole thing. 360 people hate ps3 people, and vice versa. It’s even worse than import people vs domestic people, because it’s not like they are THAT expensive… i’m sure most people could afford both…

I understand the Sony hate to a degree. When your TV takes a shit after 6 months, there is cause for concern. But i have had good luck with everything else from them. I just hope that they have learned their less from their previous mistakes.

I own sony 2 digital cameras and it will be a 3rd mainly cause i have so much sony branded memory sitting around. The one thing i really like about it is the battery that can be changed to any camera i have the memory however is horribly overpriced and not really any better than sd, xd or trans flash.

They won’t and the haven’t. A few examples: no scaling chip in the PS3, refusal to consider lowering the price of the PS3 before 2008, more problems with backwards compatability.

As I said before, I really don’t hate the PS3 (I can’t justify the cost of one currently). Its Sony, and mostly Ken Kutaragi that I dislike. But now that he’s out and Kaz is in, we’ll see what he can do.

How many of us have actually spent a lot of time playing PS1 games on the PS2? Be honest. Personally, I think the backwards compatibility is a bunch of nonsense. The technology advances so much between one generation to the next that the previous generation titles just don’t hold much appeal once you own the current gen.

And I really don’t understand the hate between the two systems. I couldn’t care less how Sony or Microsoft run their companies, or what business strategies they pursue. Who ever puts out the superior product is going to get my money.

For a game system that means.

1. Powerful hardware
    To me, this is a draw. They both are monster systems, PS3 costs more but for what you get it’s actually a better deal than buying a 360 and getting the accessories to make it similar to a PS3 (wireless and HD player).

2. Great titles.
    Obviously 360 has the lead here right now. It’s been on the market over a year. PSx has always managed to have a better library though, so lets see where this one lands in 6 months or so.

Good post… you’ve shown me how I was wrong with what I said. If anything… when prices drop I will just buy the players that can play both formats so that it doesn’t matter.

Yeah, I don’t know why there is such a divide. I have both and I enjoy both.
That goes for imports vs. domestics and 360 vs. PS3

:bsflag:
We know you secretly despise your WRX!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that sooner or later (end of summer I’m guessing) I’ll buy a PS3 to add to my 360 and Wii. I don’t hate the system (although it does seem like it with what I post sometimes). I just don’t care for some of Sony’s business practices and I especially don’t care for Ken Kutaragi… but he’s gone now. Everything has its own advantages and disadvantages, its the way the consumer market works.

I love my Scooby!!

Kutaragi is gone? I didn’t know that.
Just playing devil’s advocate here, but I think its ironic when 360 fanboys (not calling you one) talk about Sony’s buisness practices. Then when you start talking computers, they all say how Microsoft is evil and sucks.

haha i hope everyone debating this has a beautiful lcd or plasma tv because if not blu-ray and hd doesnt mean shit.

I don’t have a TV, they are too small. :frowning:

Microsoft = USDM evil megacorp.
Sony = JDM evil megacorp.

There ya go! And M$ has horrible business practices as well. But when it comes to their group behind the Xbox, they’ve done a lot more in regards to listening to the consumer and the fan base and reacting, unlike Sony who tries to tell consumers what they want.

And yes, Ken was replaced as President of SCE by Kaz. I still whistle “Ding-Dong The Witch is Dead” to myself every now and then. Followed shorlty by RIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!! :smiley:

Interesting. Rumor has it that Kutaragi was the reason that PS3 lost the exclusive rights to Assassin’s Creed…a game I am quite interested in.

No, I bought a $384 dollar video card.

:lol:

I have the original PS1 version, gotta go dig that up one of these nights.