PTSD...

Thanks for the thoughts, and yes it was pretty scary.

The story:

I was in my appartment in downtown buffalo (Days Park right at the end of allen near elmwood) and was waiting for the girlfriend to come over so we could grab a drink. She called and was downstairs. There was a locked iron gate at the end and i told her i would be right down to just meet her and go to Hardware. Not two seconds later I hear a scream. I dismiss it at first and then hear another scream followed by ‘Bobby help me!’

My heart stopped and I just ran. I dont know how i didnt fall down the stairs. I opened the door and at the end of the ally on the other side of the gate Eileen was being attached by a guy. I ran at them and grabbed the fence bars with my hand and just threw my body into it and broke it off the hinges. I ran at the guy, threw a punch and then because i have never EVER been in a fight, I went for his legs. I used to wrestle in HS and it was natural for me to just want to take his legs out. He sprawled a little but i got both his legs and drove him into the ground, but not before he yelled ‘youre bleeding motherfucker, what now?!’

I dont think he knew what that would do to me. theres a good quote from a song that kinda describes me "i dont like to fight but i dont mind when i bleed, most dont mess with a guy like me’… It just got me charged up. He went to swing with the knife and i caught the blade in my hand and then just twisted the blade untill he lost his grip on it. He looked really freaked out because (as Eileen told me later) I was smiling.

He let go of the knife and jumped up to run… I took a swing with the knife and stabbed him in his upper sholder and then let him go. It was MAYBE 30 deg out in october and i had no shirt or shoes or socks and I finally had the girl safe. We called 911 and went to the hospital.

The Injuries:
Her: 10 stiches to the top of her wrist… he had the knife to her neck when i punched him i guess and as she pushed the knife away and he fell from her it cut her.

Me: 15-17" gash from my tricep down the side of my body. very shalllow
5 inch cut on my chest, pretty deep, nasty scar
inch cut over my eye, needed 8 stiches

Him: Stab wound to the upper right shoulder, dont know the outcome, they never caught the guy.

ANYWAY… (long post sorry) it was a pretty wild night and honestly it didnt seem all that bad, but i think the combination of that and what happened with her after just kinda gave a nice trigger for something like my little bug out to happen.