Pulled my engine...now I wait.

Here are few of my test fit of the brakes

Very Nice!

if those go missing anytime soon…it was NOT me hahah

My gauge pod its just sitting there for a little test fit.

Vi-PEC all wired in

Well good news and bad news…Good news first I have the gauges wired in the E-boost controller wired the twin pumps are ready to drop in and monday i am going to run the fuel feed and return lines. So i will be just 100% waiting on turbos…but I bought used ones with 1,500 miles on them and there is an issue with one or both not sure yet. They are under warranty so they will both be rebuilt but the $hitty part is now i wait till they are done who knows how long that will be. The guy i bought them from will refund me some $$$$ and sent me his JWT 700bbs =GT-28s the ones I originally bought are JWT 850bb =GT-30s. So I don’t know what to do the GT-28 are good for 700whp and the GT-30s are good for 850whp:confused1: does anyone really need more than 700whp. I should go with the GT-28s but i have a feeling I will end up waiting for the GT-30s. What would you guys do?

I can tell you from experience, a 580whp car that weighs 3800lbs looses traction on the Whitemud while doing 90km/h when you hit the gas. This is with slicks, so I doubt that those 305 rubber bands you have in the back will fair any better…:lol:

Just my experience, there comes a point where having too much HP is a bad thing. Personally I would never want a street car with more than 450whp. Anything over that I think becomes a problem do to traction.

:iagree: Unless you have a trick standalone with a good traction control set up. I alway used to say 400-450 for a street car is the max…till I had that and relized it wasn’t enough. The guys I hang with have a few 500whp cars so I at least need to keep up. I also have plans of hitting the texas mile and possibly the silver state classic as well as the Forged top dawg airstrip event looks like all will have to happen next year by the time the turbos come, but 400-450whp won’t cut it at any of those events.

PS I decided to stick with the 850bbs.

Is this motor on display in Lightspeed Innovations?

Yes it is in the show room…do you have a car there?

Nope I just went there last week along with a buddy that was getting his car tuned.

The turbos manifolds and down pipes will all ship next week:17:

Awsome. So how far away do you think you are now?

I “think” I have everything done but the turbos, manis and down pipes. I get them bolt them on the engine then drop it all in. It depends on how busy I am at work but I hope the same week I get everything I can put the engine in and have it running. So mid July I hope to be running and fully tuned.

Turbos just came today:thumbup:. i am still waiting for the manis and down pipes. I might get all of the “hot stuff” ceramic coated even though I have turbo blankets and header wrap. So i am shooting for two weekends from now to do the install and hopefully tuned by the end of July.

Got a box from Forged today:BOOBIES: The manifolds and custom downpipes with the HKS DLI II and oil catch can came and the GT-30s from JWT arrived a few days ago so I am ready to start bolting things together and drop it all in.

I also got a couple boxes from Swivel hips thanks Wayne.

I am just about done the custom fuel line.

I am trying to tuck some wires.

My fenders were cut and rolled but I went one step father and rolled them totally flat.

Here are a few pictures I am still working on everything I just got it all running yesterday and I just want to drive it but over the winter I am going to fix and repolish the piping and clean up the wiring/ finish the wire tuck.

I am fully aware how lame it is to drive around with the tow hook in I just drove it home from the shop last night and I am about to go find the front bumper plug.

Here are pictures of the dumps off the down pipe I have a short video of some light reving the car

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv136/gkerik/th_MVI_1510.jpg

[/

WOW!!!

very impressive

sweet baby jebus …

WOW! Freakn awesome!:drool5: Can’t wait to see it in action, you must be dying with anticipation. What kinda power you looking at when it’s all tuned and ready to go?