I get my car back today!

…with a new engine (precat failure, thanks Nissan warranty!), installed with the energy suspension MMI’s, Nismo header, and Apexi WS2 catback! :smiley:

…but, it’s a new engine so I have to baby it and break it in… :frowning: No checking to see if I’ve gotten any big power gains or nice exhaust note… not for a few km’s anyway…

So if you see a silver spec driving around like a grandma, that’s why…

Yours was an 03 so you would have noticed a huge difference anyway without the mods. New engines always feel good.

Ya, I figured that as well, the old motor had 80, 000km on it. It’s going to be nice to have everything fresh and new

yah as shitty as it is for an engine to die…you get a new one and thats fuckin sweet. wish i got a new engine im just hittin 70thousand and i hate it. oh well to bad i used loctite and got a header maybe if i hadn’t i would have a new engine right noww

good luck on this engine! hopefully u dont have to have the 3rd be a charm like chasenyadown

sweet maby my cat will fail, haha im just at 64xxx km and mines an 03, i did the loctiting but i didnt get a header yet. how long is the engine under warrenty? i have the extended warrenty too btw. did they reset ur km meter too or no(prob not)

Powertrain warranty is 100 000 km.

I’m extended to 160 :smiley:

heh… undo those butterflies boys… except they might notice 3 specs in for motor swaps…

haha im good to 160 also, i want a header maby ill just fuck up my stock one and get a new engine then put my new header one haha how do you mess up the cat anyways…hehehe

well one “could” just drop a couple of the butterfly screws down their intake manifold and go for a good hard drive to chew up their pistons and just pray you did enough damage to get Nissan to warranty it, just a thought.

Just in case someone does this… make sure they’re from you car… like you unbolted it…

Cuz if I hear that someone threw some valves down their intake and when the engine stripped down and they find a full set… I’m going to laugh…

You could just Get 94 Octain gas from huskey and drive the stank out of your spec v that should blow the pre kat… 94 octain gas burns hotter, and the pre cat doesn’t liek heat.

If anyone does do this before you do it think to yourself, “is it maybe time I look for a new car?” cause believe me having to deal with car downtime and perhaps other problems that may arise from your new engine may not be worth the hassel. I had pre-cat failure and swallowed butterfly screws, this led to a new engine which was buring oil and coolant, so I needed a 3rd engine to get it right, so far so good (I suppose), but yeah I dunno I’m staying away from this thread, cause well I don’t really enjoy talking about “how To” sabbotage a QR Engine for a new one.

The engine was covered under the 100, 000KM powertrain warranty (I’ve got 80XXXkm) but I also have the extended warranty. hahah Nope, didn’t reset my km’s… :lol:

And I agree with chasenyadown, its nice to get a new engine but going through the hassles of having to get your car checked out, waiting to hear from Nissan Canada as to whether they will cover you, being nervous driving your car as its burning oil like a mofo, waiting for engine to come from Nissan, waiting to get installed, etc etc etc. is a big pain.

I have to say though, Ericcson Nissan’s service has been really good to me. Considering I’m the second owner and didn’t buy the car from them, they always answer my questions, were really good about helping me get an engine from Nissan, working around my schedule, bringing in parts, suggestions on whether or not to mod, etc If anyone needs any work done at a dealer, go there and talk to Darren! Great customer service (normally I hate going to dealerships).

Oh ya, the only complaint was that while they had my motor out they were supposed to put in the energy suspension motor mounts. But looks like they forgot as the box is still in my trunk. :frowning:

I can’t really get upset though, as they installed my header and exhaust for free. I figured they’d have to take the stock header off to install the new engine so that was ok, but I thought I’d get charged maybe an hour or two of labour for the exhaust. But no charge!

I’ve read about the MMI install here and on the vboard, I’m mechanically inclined, but the problem is I don’t have any tools to do it. Is anyone bored this weekend, own some tools, and want to help me put them in? I can pay you in beer and/or hot wings? :stuck_out_tongue:

Or can you recommend somewhere to take my car in and get the MMI installed? Somewhere good but cheap? I’d go back to Ericcson, but they are always so busy and it’ll probably be like 2-3 weeks to get my car in.

You don’t have to drive it like a baby. Lugging your engine is worse than giving it a spirited rev here and there. Drive it like you’re going to drive it, just keep it off the track for a 1000 kms or so. Change your oil after 1500 kms. And again at 3000.

Of course you don’t have to do that, but that’s what I did, and I’m at 105k kms on an original 02 engine. You know, the one that supposedly doesn’t last. 40k of those kms are boosted by the way.

Mine doesn’t burn a drop of oil.

I’m sure Nick wouldn’t mind ( he always offers) or you can wait till I buy his and we can do it together. :partyman:

Sure, if you guys are doing yours anytime in the next couple weeks let me know!

really off topic but not worth a new thread.

once i get a header and cai will that lower my gas mileage?

Yes and No. Depends on how you drive. But for DD, it would increase it slightly, you won’t notice it too much though.

wouldnt i get better airflow therefor better gas mileage?