Purchased up Vile's GTI - 404: dirt not found

edit, photos went down

Looks like a million bucks! Nice job.

How long did the detail take? Also, whats your estimated cost of supplies.

Very nice. really night and day from when i saw it filthy in buffalo. Im glad your enjoying the car.

I mentioned $200 in the post, and that includes everything I used, including the headlight restoration.

As for time, I would estimate between 10 and 12 hours, but that is broken up into 2 hours on the headlights, at least 3 or 4 with the clay bar, and then an hour here, an hour there. The wheel polishing took another 2 hours or so. It all adds up. I would imagine that once you add paint correction into the mix, you could easily lose an entire weekend or more.

Lol, sorry I didn’t read I scrolled right to the pictures. But that’s very nice and pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Again, nice work.

Definitely, I think it would have cost me at least this much to have someone do it for me, and now I have enough product to do it another 10+ times (although I would not really look forward to doing it that many times, lol)

Awesome work!

Nice! I love 303 Aerospace protectant.

Nice work! I’m interested to see what you do with the interior. I need to tackle mine soon.

Wow looks new! Want to clean my truck for me lol

Very nice!

Looks killer

+1… been using it on the boat for years. “SPF 40… for your stuff!”

Nice job. I would clean a VW with fire personally.

Seriously though, I wish I had the patience to detail a car. Bikes are where I draw the line.

I love those wheel brushes. Since have changed over the the sonax wheel cleaner myself from the P21S Gel.

What are your thoughts on the foam cannon? Like or not really needed?

Car looks good :tup:

It’s nice for getting really grimy stuff of before I wash by hand, but it’s not neccessary if the car is mostly clean. It’s just an extra step to get the soap to act longer really. I have a hose-powered one, and I know the pressure-washer power ones are way better.

Looks good if your interested in some detail products my dad has lots left over from his detail shop, pretty sure we have a extractor, 50 gallon drum of formula 50 degreaser etc…

The engine bay and the wheels were of the most interest to me, thanks for posting that :tup:. One question-you think that with the wheel cleaner on the wheels and a pressure washer it would have gotten the staining out? I can’t believe that I missed this car in the classifieds and only saw it when it was sold.

I’ve actually had good luck using clay bar on wheels for that staining, but it probably takes about the same amount of time as the method here. Still, it’s worth a shot if you have some used clay lying around.

Ahhh so that’s what reflex silver is supposed to look like! My wife’s Passat could use some love like this, nice work!