Push-button Start wired in and good to go.

Bmw e36 Push-button Start :slight_smile:

It is the S2000 start button directly from a Honda dealership on ebay.
You still need the key to drive and my alarm system disables the entire car when I lock the car, so the Push-start won’t work unless you have the Key FOB and Key to unlock the wheel. Just so you know :slight_smile: . . . . in case someone wanted to take it for a test drive :nono

…Under that button rests the rear sub wires, Rear speaker wires, iPod and Aux wires, Passport 9500i remote button, push-button start wires, alarm system, + the enormous amount of Oem Bmw wires for everything else.

Hmmmm what else can I squeeze in there?? :ponder …dont have a gps, but real men don’t have that.

You have the same hardwire kit for the Passport I do. ;D
The push start is neat. Looks good in there and like it was done well, fits nicely and doesn’t look out of place.

Thank you, I looked around for a sweet button and found the S2000 push-start button which is exactly what I wanted . . . plus the letters light up :excited, I had to go with it. Someone did it with the button from the Bmw Z8 before, but it was blah.
The Passport hardwire kit is awesome, I put it off for the longest time, because I thought it was going to be expensive, until I went on the website and found out it was $30, so I got it asap and installed it while I was waiting for my girl to finish her hair before we went out.
That’s not saying much, because I could probably build a spaceship during that time :stuck_out_tongue:

gps>no gps

real men can admit that.

so you insert the key to only unlock the steering wheel? Can you also turn the ignition with the key too?

someone’s ignition tumbler broke and decided to go the cheap way out eh?

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Looks great bro.

So it’s just as useless as the S2k setup…I don’t get the point of a pushbutton start if you have to still go through the motion of putting the key in the ignition and turning it to ON.

How about theft prevention? I don’t want anyone to be able to just push the button in my car and take off racewarz style.

• 1 wtf? useless !

the way u got it in there looks factory tho, really nice job

but i want to comment on the fucking pictures, the first one REALLY confused me, it looks so professionally photographed i didnt think it was your car or picture ! :rofl

so congrats on the photography

dont hate on the S2000

read brah ! read

:hug

Looks like its meant to be there !!

Good work!

not hating on the S2k, just the retarded process to start it. If a car comes with a push button start then it should also come with one of those key fobs that can stay in your pocket.

Agreed, or some master arm switch(no key at all). But hey, to each his own they say…

rofl, I was juggling my laptop, all the tools I had in the car, a folder, and gallon of arizona ice tea bottle while I leaned over the driver seat to take that pic for you guys and the bimmerforums crowd. …I didn’t want to make 2 trips to the car lol. But I did snap that pic with my new cybershot I just got. The thing’s sick.

Thx for the positive comments. I could make it so I didn’t have to use the key, but I like the little bit of extra security.
With the new bmw’s, you actually do need the key in the ignition cylinder, but if you relocate the ring around the ignition to say your cupholder for example, you can just throw your key in there, like a c6 vette owner does, and then go. If I get a newer bimmer I’d play around with that.
In the end, I think it looks pretty sick.

no one can figure out how to start my car if they have never driven an S2000 before. and they even forget sometimes.

That’s because you’re sloppy drunk when they’re driving it and all you can do is slur “You gotsta push d buttin!”

i have the same push button in my tbss