Q: If you were to float down a creek on something....

and had a budget of ~$20 what would you use?

i was thinking a big truck tire innertube if it wasnt too expensive.

lets hear some ideas, remember this is a creek with rocks and shit so it needs to be rather tough

EDIT: could someone who works at a tire store give me a rough estimate as to how much a truck tube that would be able to hold a 6’1" 250 lb grown ass man would cost?

Done it for $5, on said intra tube.

A big rubbermaid bin.

Blow up mattress. Heavy duty vinyl for the most part.

steal some kid’s big wheel and duct tape it to a pool raft.

and then tell the kid he will never amount to anything in life. ever.

:slight_smile:

nah man you would flip that shit like woah

~$20?

I bough a queen size coleman blow up mattress for $20 at dicks once.

On clearance.

Not if I attached 2 other cheaper rubber maid bins to the side with duct tape. I bought it all on ebay so it’s under $20.

If they are still $5 get 4 and duct tape them together, throw some plywood on top and u gots uz self a nice raft.

maybe you guys dont understand, im going to go out and buy something for ~$20 tomorrow and float down the creek and try not to die now lets be realistic here plz

thanks

and keep em coming. plz.

regatta :slight_smile:

Find someone with a water matress that they don’t want… the are unpoppable

in all honesty, you could probably get away with a snow tube

great idea, now where can i get a snowtube in july?

Ohh I thought this was for imagination time. For real then I think your truck innertube idea is pretty solid if your budget is $20. I’d wrap it in duct tape and make it like 5x stronger.

my brother once used a few blue plastic barrels used for vanilla or something and made a raft out of them with some plywood and 2x4s. He got the barrels for free.

Ask NYSPEED if anyone is throwing out plastic barrels?

target, walmart…?

hell, come over and take one of my brother’s haha

Fine don’t believe me but intra tubes are the only way to go. Did it In Buffalo creek for 6 miles when it was pretty much at flood stage. Keep some sneakers on though. There’s some sharp rocks on the bottom. And the falls by blossom aren’t as bad as it looks. Quite fun actually.

who the hell buys rubber maid bins off ebay lol

get a truck tube. They’re very thick rubber and can take a pretty good blow without popping.