WTB : Bike ramp for a pond

Far shot, I know, but I just remembered how I wanted to do this but never got around to it, now the weekends coming up and I need it.

Just checking to see if anyone has anything like this laying around, or even some plywood that could get this started, not too familiar with wood (no homo) and the costs and all that but let me know, thanks.

Yes, I want to do something like that this summer.

I want to do something stupid off of something like that this summer.

where’s the thread with the giant blowup tube thing where somebody sits on one end of it, and another jumps from a higher platform down onto the other end of said giant inflated tube, thus launching the individual sitting at the other end to epic proportions…

zomfg id kill to do that

You mean the blob.
That vid looks like so much funn Holy shizzz.
If someone decides to make somethin like this they need to post it up cause I will definatly wanna be there.

yo i can make you one. paypal me 80 bucks and ill deliver it friday morning

it would be a sturdy ramp, not something like in that vid. more along the lines of this

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FNC/1CWW/F3SYP01U/FNC1CWWF3SYP01U.MEDIUM.jpg

this could be a fun weekend project to build.

only need some 2x4s and a lot of plywood since you are only using pedal bikes

that’s the thing, I’d love to do it myself but the weekends coming up and it’s like ughh no time, I might just hit up a wood store and wing it once I’m down there, just need to figure out the basic layout, and travis, I appreciate it but I’m thinking I might do it myself now, anyone know where I can find a basic layout of HOW TO, like I said, I need to be schooled on building shit out of wood. Main thing I want here is height and possible aerial shit. I have a hill that I can peddle my balls off down until I hit the ramp so speed isn’t too much of a factor.

you cut the sides to shape by laying the sheet of plywood on the ground, use a string and a pencil to create a radius then cut along that line for both sides, add the 2x4 middle supports. then screw the top sheet(s) to the middle supports.

http://www.heckler.com/ramps/images/ramplnch.gif

the 2x4s can be bought for like 30 bucks, prob another 30 for the plywood, then the screws. and like 12 bucks for some beer. lol

we would always ride down the hill at my buddies house onto his deck then into the water so we only made the ramp like 1.5 feet tall. id say 2-2.5 feet is the max. any taller than that and it has to be too long to keep the right curve then it gets too heavy and expensive.

Did you really say “wood store?”

That’s funny on a few different levels

This will end badly.

Reminds me of the joke. What are every redneck’s last words ?

Watch this!

:lol:

Fucking stupid. Why would you make a ramp that tiny? ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE DUMPING IT INTO THE WATER…

You need at least a 6 foot launch ramp :slight_smile:

Lumber…supply…:cjerk:
But yeah, that picture is helpful, maybe if I get my hands on a video camera, I’ll post up some videos of the stupidity. Thanks a lot fellas.

Do it you wont.

when i saw the title i thought this was gonna be a thread by Twisted, knowing his pond antics.

anyone kno where to buy thos inflatable rafts to launch people??

cause i wanna do this http://youtube.com/watch?v=UThA7-h-JgQ

Thats a huge bitch!! jesus she launched him high lol