Terrain Park

I am looking into building one in the yard that is unused next to my house. My roomate owns it, so there are no legal issues or anything, but it is not the great of a pitch. I was thinking that if i built a 15-20’ launch ramp (aka big ass pile of raked now), and put in a few rails, and a small jump or two, just for practice/shits and giggles it may work out. Does anyome have any experience with anything like this? Any ideas or suggestions? Is it possible (wether it is or not, i am going to try!)

Lastly, Anyone want to help me to make it?? I will let you use our creation whenever you want!! Well, i guess i would let anyone use it whenever they want anyway, but help is always nice. :slight_smile:

Here is what I ahve to work with (click for full size):
http://www.diamonddetailing.biz/gallery/albums/album02/b1.sized.jpg

http://www.diamonddetailing.biz/gallery/albums/album02/b2.sized.jpg

I have no experience with home made parks but I am willing to help if I can ride it :tup:

We used to build them years ago back in NH down the road from my friends house at a farm. It was pretty fun, we took our skate rails out there and built a few kickers. I think our biggest one was like 5’ tall, took us about 9 hours to shovel it. By the time we first got to use it, it was already dark and you couldn’t see anything, I slammed pretty hard. If I have any free time I would definatly be down, haven’t boarded much since I moved out here to NY (small mountains have little inspiration for me lol)

kewl,Just dont let the Insurance Company see it!

insurance? whats that lol…

I am going to do a little bit of research, I know that i have to shovel a lot of the snow, but i am also going to build a snowmaker. If anyone has a pressure washer that i can use or rent or something that would be a big help, i have the hoses, and the compressor to do it, but my PW is in Florida.

My only restraint on building this is the lack of slope in the yard, it is mostly flat. Too steep to build an ice rink, and to shallow to snowboard without building… GRRRRRR, building it is i guess

fuck it, do it. build a huge quarterpipe and a big table top, too

the snow maker is that yellow thing near the street … but only late at night …

and people with trucks have to go steal snow from parking lots… when the frontloaders are cleaning up, kindly ask then to drop a bucketfull in the bed of the truck …

too fllat. I’d say a kicker is wayyyyy too much work. however you could still set up a very simple rail setup and get some practice in. We actually had a really decent home made park about 12 years ago in this one dudes back yard. But he had a hill and lived in Gowanda, and there were hills everywhere.

I just took the picnic table and placed it at the hill next to the garage, and have mad a 10-15’ launch thus far, i will be putting a ‘ok’ sized ramp at the bottom of that, and yeah the firehydrant is a decent idea, but snowmakers are loud, and i bet that someone would notice that i tapped into the hydrant. What is the fine if i get caught doing that ;)…

I plan on taking my truck to local lots, and trying to snag a bunch of snow, enough to build at least a 15-20’ tall launch for a few different rails. Lets just hope that the weather holds out. I figure that parking lot snow is good enough for the base, then i will coat it all with a good 6" of homemade powder, and let nature do the rest of the build-up

If anyone knows snowremoval companies that would be willing to dump off their trucks in my yard, please call me! my number is in my sig sorta.

i have a park in my back yard with rails and jumps. its nice too cuz i can just go out there…iv seen them made on flat ground using a bobcat very easily. but if u need help i can do it. heres a pic of it last year. it was real nice cuz of the snow we had boo to this year tho :tdown:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/park1.jpg

^Nice…is it even ridable this year?

very nice, what type of conduit did you use to build the rails, or did you purchase them assembled

Oh, and i guess if you call the town of cheektowaga, they let you use the hydrant with a water meter on it, and water is not too expensive out here

Edit: Ok, so i have the grooming, snow making, and set-up figured out, now all i need is a few truck loads (dump truck that is) and a bobcat… HELP!

haha most people dont know how much snow we have in the southtowns right now…a little over a ft at my house. im thinking of going out and grooming since it stays up all year long. the rails were mad eby my friend he welded them all and the rainbow rail that u see in there is made with 2 sides of a trampoline and then welded together. its nice but once i get it up and going everyones welcome to come out. we can get a meet together and maybe drink a few brews.

That is a very nice backyard setup.

As for TPGSR… just do a rail or two to play on. There is no potential for any sort of air in that yard. lol/

I believe that there is potential, it just needs alot of love. The picture looks flay because of me, there is some hill available for use, and transplanting snow/making snow = moderate fun. I just basicly want somewhere to play when i cant get to the slopes which is quite often.

So who wants to drive the dumptruck… wait who has a dumptruck lol

fyi… I am going to have a beautiful launch ramp, and a nice transition built within the next few days, just putting the specs, and shoping list together for it. should look something like this guys box:
http://www.boosted.org/images/snowpark/jump1.jpg
Link to his build
As for the rest of it… we’ll see, rails i need to learn how to weld, and come up with the required $ to build.

hey if you need a hand, i have never built anything but i have two rails i could bring if me and a friend can ride!!

PM me