Question about Blu-Ray in regards to ps3 & xbox360

So someone was telling me that if you are looking to play blu-ray’s, that the xbox was way better than a ps3. Something about the res, or whatever. I can’t remember the whole deal…

So what is the story, do they play them different, is there different resolutions? Just looking for some education.

I didn’t think the xbox played blueray

blueray isn’t going to take off anyway, so I wouldn’t really worry about it. :slight_smile:

PS3 is Blue-Ray

Xbox 360 has an HD-DVD add-on

Both require a high quality HDTV to notice the difference. Difference to you is really up to your preference. They both look superb.

huh, so the xsuck doesn’t even play bluray? interesting.

this would be played through a middle of the road projector.

Nope, it plays HD-DVD (on par with BlueRay) using a seperate add-on drive. If you are using a projector, just get a normal DVD player…

BlueRay=betavision.

For the young guys, betavison was the small video tapes that you have only ever seen at a flea market…

bluray> hd dvd

i think blueray will win, EVERYTHING is coming out bluray this bluray that

and blu ray has a SHITLOAD of companies backing it

Blueray is the next Laser Disc

i can tell the difference with blue ray movies. they are a crisper and the color is more vivid than regular dvd… i dont buy many movies at all, but now if i do buy them i will buy blue ray since i have a ps3

how good of a resolution do you need to notice the difference?

You’d def need a HDTV…720p, 1080i or the grand daddy 1080p. I truly dislike Sony for a number of reasons. One of them being that they decided to develop Blu-Ray in the hopes it would be the successor to DVD. Sony has failed so many times in its attempt to push a new form of media…Anyway i’m getting off the subject. As far as specs go, Blu_Ray is slightly better than HD DVD. My guess is that, a normal human being wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between HD DVD and Blu-Ray if displayed on identical TV’s.

Well hopefully the more popular it gets, the cheaper! At least I know that the xbox is definitly not blu-ray.

how do you figure when hddvd as it’s highest proposed storage capacity it 30gigs where as bluray goes all the way up to 50?

blu ray may make it then again it may not…honestly i beleive japs create much better video gaming systems(and games) than american…sony>microsoft

Thats the case with everything…The add on drive that microsoft makes is a steal at 200…I’m gonna try to get one soon

The PS3 sux…Even tho i dont own one, i gotta give the ps2 props tho…Its install base is rediculous.

well i would think if you bought a 360 it would be cause of the games and vice versa for ps3

those are expensive hd or blue ray players in my opinion

the home blue ray and hd dvd players are coming down in price

The PS3 and 360 w/ their repsective players (sony’s built in) are both good deals except if u want just a videogame console, sony forces u to shell out an extra 200 right off the bat…I just hate the fact that there’s a divison among studios over which format they’ll support

all this talk is hilarious…

you have people in denial & people who ride xbox’s nuts.

first off… blueray isn’t going anywhere.
personally i think they will both survive…like i said before…if PSP movies can survive then hd-dvd & blueray will too.

second… technology is moving forward weither you like it or not.
whats the estimated deadline for all Digital TV…2009-2010?? so @ some point everyone will need a HDTV or need some sort of “converter”.

so use some common sense…with the move to HD why would DVD’s still be the standard.
when all your TV is 720p or 1080i…why would you still buy DVD’s that are 480p??..i mean they are even selling DVD upconvert machines cause people want better quality.
so if you think blueray is gonna die…whats gonna replace it…because its sure not going to lose to HD-DVD.

blueray holds more media so its going to be the probable choice when it comes to media storage for computers.

i don’t think a normal person could tell the difference between hd-dvd & blueray…but there is a definate noticable difference compaired to normal DVD…espically in CGI movies.

as far as the sack riding xbox people who always try to say…“sony sucks cause they make you pay more cause the blueray is internal”

no shit… & like ive said MANY times before one reason being is because it alows the longevity of the PS3 to be greater then xbox due to games being able to be programed on blueray media…they didn’t piegonhole themselves to DVD.
personally i think xbox & Ps3 are both good systems & you make your decision on what suits you best…but some people are ignorant & spew shit out thier mouth without know what they are taking about.

http://www.pitt.edu/~jssst37/html/cheaper.jpg
so they try to use that as an excuse when its really not even true…to compareable systems cost the same…& the new Xbox one with the bigger HD is even more…if you add it all up.

i bought Ps3 due to the fact that the main game i play looks better on Ps3 (NBA2k7) also because of Turismo…few other factors were that i wanted blueray, & i prefer the free PS online…due to the fact that i don’t use online service enough to warrent having xbox that you have to pay for.
so Ps3 was better for me…but i still think Xbox is on the same palying field for now.

good stuff.

well the new xbox elite is garbage. my gf works for eb games everyone that store sold has came back burnt up.

i know the other xbox run hot

also if i am not mistaken ps3 is having problems with there machine also