Question about carrying permit.

Just curious who do you got to get ahold of in pa to get a lisence to carry a handgun? Also just woundering anyone know a price ? And curious of what size handgun do they limit you to carry ?

Reason i am asking is i am moveing back to Pa here in may and just wanted to find out a few things about this. Thanks in advance.

You would go to the sheriffs office of whatever county you plan on moving to. They will do an instant background check on you, and if youre clean you can get the permit right there.

I got the plastic ID card style. I cant remember exact price, it was under $30.  As far as I know I dont think the size of the handgun matters, but you are limited to carrying only one concealed firearm at a time.

I got mine in 07, needed two references that I have known for 3+ years on the application. Full background check, and I believe it was $20. This was for Butler County. Size does not matter, didn’t even ask me what I would be carrying.

As 1320 says, the county sheriffs office handles carry permits. Not all counties will do an immediate issue though. I live in Butler county and applied for mine on 12/15. The form required me to list 2 references, and they called both of them. I got my permit in one week. The cost was $25, and the permit is valid for 5 years. As long as you don’t have a criminal record or have had PFA’s against you, then you should be able to get one with no problem.

For Allegheny Co. http://www.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/HTML's/firearms_app.html

It only took 2 weeks for them to process my application that I filed just after the election. I had two Police Officers (one Pittsburgh PD and one Springfield PD) as my references but they didn’t contact either of them.

WTF do you plan on a carrying? A .50AE?!

If you are moving to Allegheny see the above webpage…

I see they added an online application now… about fucking time, When I did mine, I had to take a day off of work, go down, apply, wait for the shit to come in the mail, then take another day off and go down to pickup my permit.

i was still in school when i got mine so all i had to do was just skip out early to go get it. allegheny county was $25 plus the cost to park downtown twice

Go big or go home…

It really depends on the county, so are pretty much instant, so take up to 6 weeks( read fayette ), the price varies also. As does the style you get, some are just like a second id card with picture and what not, while others are are no more than a slip of paper (again fayette).

Ha, I carry a .45ACP… big enough for me.

Allegheny is up to 45 days waiting period, and is a plastic id card with a picture.

i think mine took 3 weeks to process

Size is limited to 18" barrels/26" total, and there is NO restiction on how many you can carry.

I have several police officer friends who tell me otherwise. Where did you read this? I’d carry more than one if i could.

Are these the same officers that think open carry is illegal? :smiley:

http://paopencarry.org/pdfs/Pennsylvania_Gun_Rights.pdf

The PA LTCF does not have any posted limits on the number of firearms you can carry.

Be smart, pick up all the material you can and see where else you can carry with your PA permit. I was allowed to carry here with my MI one and vise-versa. Ohio still hates us though. Research all you can to make your life as easy as possible in the event somebody hastles you.

what about WV? can we carry with a PA license?

I think this will help everyone

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

An awesome site for all your carry questions…

Check out the map.

Click on PA, you can see WV will Honor PA Permits as long as the person is a PA resident… so yes. Every other damn state around us does not take our permits tho

www.pafoa.org