CCW in PA

Anyone on here have their CCW permit? If so what did you classes entail and what was the cost after all is said and done? Ive been putting off getting mine in KS since I’ll be moving up there here in about 6 months but Ive also kicked around the idea of getting one in FL since their CCW license is the most widely accepted. Have any of you gotten an out-of-state CCW?

lol classes, what classes??? Proof of residence and a backround check is all you need.

no classes… just go to the old courthouse downtown on 4th and grant st. if allegheny county.

if you are interested in getting a FL ccw consider getting utah too
http://www.americanccw.com/

http://www.saf.org/reciprocity.html - although this list seems outdated…?

this seems more accurate:

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/pennsylvania-ccw-state-laws.php
States that Honor Pennsylvania’s CCW Permit:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Florida*, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

the * means they only accept a residential CCW

I just went down to the courthouse, filled out the form, put 3 random people down as references, and a month later, picked up my CCW. Just make sure you’re ready to take a decent picture, otherwise you’re screwed.

You don’t even have to go to the courthouse to apply anymore. You download this form from the firearms section of the sheriffs website and then e-mail or mail it in along with copies of 2 types of ID and two references. The instructions are on this website. If you are approved, they will send you a yellow card in the mail. I think it was less than two weeks when I got mine. You take the yellow card to the firearms office at the courthouse, pay the fee and pick up your license. Or you can do it the old fashioned way and go to the courthouse in person to apply and again to pick it up. I like to avoid going downtown though.

yeah, you do need to go to the courthouse though! lol

Wtf you guys don’t have to take classes? Here we have to take an 8 hour classes that costs 75-100 then pay 150 more to the cpunty then wait 90 days for them to approve you. And Kansas doesnt recognize Utahs ccw permit so that’s why I suggested Florida. Actually doesn’t look like they honor PAs either. Does PA have any laws that say of you’re a resident of PA you must have a PA ccw?

www.pafoa.org

Yeah, not to apply though. Only to pick it up. Much better than making two trips :bigthumb:

That’s a great site.

Here is the answer to the last question:

Link
" Pennsylvania, like most states requires people to have permit to carry a concealed firearm as regulated by the following statute:

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106: Firearms not to be carried without a license

* (a) Offense defined.--Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.

This license can be in the form of Pennsylvania’s “License To Carry Firearms” (LTCF) or a permit issued by another state that Pennsylvania recognizes as valid through a reciprocity agreement.

You can find info about the reciprocity agreements here.

Yeah, just once though :bigthumb:

You can find info about reciprocity agreements here. Here’s the answer to your other question:

Link

" Pennsylvania, like most states requires people to have permit to carry a concealed firearm as regulated by the following statute:

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106: Firearms not to be carried without a license

• (a) Offense defined.–Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.

This license can be in the form of Pennsylvania’s “License To Carry Firearms” (LTCF) or a permit issued by another state that Pennsylvania recognizes as valid through a reciprocity agreement.

Great site.

CCW is a joke. Buy a throw away gun east side of pittsburgh.
Take the bling bling, Throw body parts in random dumpsters.

throw away guns lol. Easy to get… Cheap as hell.

Does anyone know if I have to call anyone because I moved to Allegheny county with a CCW I got in Armstrong County?

Mreh Id rather go sit outside club Dreamz on a weekend and dig through their trashcan of confiscated items.

A PA LTCF is good statewide, regardless of issuing county.

With the exception of the city of philly.

a drivers license is valid nation wide, but if you move you have to inform PennDOT.

That’s true Mike, but is not required by law for your PA LTCF. If you wish, you can go to the Allegheny county office and apply for a new permit, but changing address is not required by law until your permit needs renewed. At that time, you are required to go to the county that you are residing in for your renewal.
ALl this is according to info on the PAFAO website.

Please elaborate. My understanding is the only difference for Philly is you need a LTCF in order to open-carry (whereas the rest of the state does not require you to hold a LTCF to open carry.) An other county’s LTCF should be valid there as well.

i filled mine out wednesday and i got my post card in the mail today saying to come pick it up:) so ill get it as soon as i can get out of work early.