question about TAA

Does anyone know anything about TAA (Trade Adjustment Act)

The factory I work in is moving overseas and everyone is losing their jobs within the year or so. The plant offered an early out to everyone where they lay you off, you get a severence and then you qualify for TAA. Well I applied to get let go in August and they denied me. I’m starting school in September and will be living in Leroy, and really do not want to make the drive from Leroy to Elma everyday, not to mention driving to Rochester for school. Now here’s my question, is there any other way to get out of this situation to qualify and recieve the TAA? The HR at this place sucks and the management is a bunch of bullshit, I’ve tried talking to them and pretty much got nothing out of them.

Now I know one of the politicians on here must know something :stuck_out_tongue:

Employment at will. Quit and find another job. Or go to school full time riding on student loans. You’re only 19 for fuck’s sake.

yes this is true. I would like to get the TAA though, because they pay for schooling and the tools I need :slight_smile: