Question about the ownership renew a new owner

Dear everyone:

I have a question, I bought a second hand car, and I have the ownership that have not change to my name yet. 

then I forgot to take off the ownership from my pant, when I was washing my clothes in the washing machine. When I discover, it was too late, the ownership was gone.

and the owner who already left canada , back to her hometown, may not come back…Therefore, in this situation, what can I do?
anyone have this experience can tell me how to do?
thank you for you help
Bruce:)

Tell the MTO, they’ll probably figure it out. You might have to get a signed letter from the previous owner stating that he sold the car to you.

Hey man.

You should have the Vehicle Information Package and bill of sale. You can go to the MTO with that, tell what happen to original ownership and they may issue you a new one.

Another good idea would be to get in contact with the lady, ask her to write a letter, as Jay240 stated, but make sure it includes the VIN, year, make and model of the car. Her name, address, telephone # and of course her signature. Take that along with the other info to the MTO and it will be no problem.

Good luck.

Easy 8)