question about tire pressure sensors?

What exactly are these things? I want to change the rims on my g6 but i dont want to mess anything up because the car is a lease. Right now im rockin the hubcaps but I dont like the way they look. If I were to go and purchase aftermarket rims are there aftermarket sensors I can buy also? I have searched on some g6 forums but I am unable to find any info on this.

i believe the can go into any rim. all they are is a valve stem. i bet you can pull them out of the steelies and install them in your other rims. they are a generic valve stem size

yeah one nut and they come off, I doubt you would need to do anything more than the same recalibration you need for a flat tire. (might not have to do anything)

I have the same sensors in my impala. According to tirerack they will not fit in every aftermarket rim. As far as calibration goes, you just go into the DIC and go to recalibrate tire sensors. drive a while and its done.

some tire pressure sensors have a band that goes around the rim which cannot be removed while others do just have the valve stem ones u can tell if they are not the typical black valve stem if it is chances are they are wraped around the rim itself and u can order new bands but they are pricey,or u can just drive the car around with no sensors on the car i see alot of people at my work come in with rims on there exploders and dont have the sensors on them so if u can deal with the light then save ur self money and just deal with it , and not all vlave stem sensors are the same …

yea but the new GM’s the TPS sensors tie in with the DIC the remote start and the Computer. Ya drive without and it throws a code and constantly reminds you on the DIC. It’s no biggie you can pick a set of 4 GM ones on ebay for like $80. They usually sell for around $70ea.