Local place to buy TPMS wheel sensors cheap??

I am getting new rims for my 08 Chevy Cobalt and it has the Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). I dont want my dash to light up saying air pressure in tires low everytime I turn the car on. Let me know if their is a place that sells the TPMS wheel sensors cheap, thanks!

Maybe just wire in a resistor(s) and eliminate the TPMS…? I’m not sure how your system works though.

Electrical tape is the cheapest if the light bothers you that much

I got 4 in a set of rims i’m selling. Probably wont help ya though.

Swap them from the stock rims to the new rims? Why wouldn’t that work?

try ebay

Onyx Z32; I don’t wanna use a resistor cause I don’t know how to do it and I’ll need it for when I use the stock rims for winter.
OfficerK; I would use electrical tape but without the sensors it would actually make the cars rev limit lower.
05orange SS. Have you done that b4? Also I don’t wanna swap the sensors cause it would be a pain to do everytime I switch out the rims.
Darkside; how much do you want for those sensors and what vehicle did they come off of?
Maybe_memories; I’ve tryed ebay and I don’t know what type will work with my car

Talk to Paul at swerve motorsports. It’s really not that complicated of a process to swap them from rim to rim. He’ll tell you for sure though if it can be done. I’d get your tires mounted and balanced there too

Are there different ones for different GM vehicles. I know that Luke at Lindsay Cadillac hooks all the Cadillac guys up. That is where I got mine.

I think all gm vehicles use the same. Idk tho, does anyone know?
Also who is this said Luke and how do I meet him?

napa and autozone carry tpms sensors in stock napa is asctually cheaper. if you wanna wait i can factory direct from dill it will be 6 days but i can do them pretty cheap/

He works for a Caddy dealer up in New England (?) but he sells parts at almost cost to cadillac forum members on another site.

Nitroinsane; how much can you get them for?

i deal with tpms sensors everyday at goodyear. what kind are they? are they a nut looking type,a valve stem looking type? saying that it is a cobalt excludes its a band sensor type. if its a nut type. i believe its an 11mm deep socket to take it out just make sure NOT to over tighten it as this will cause damage to a tinfoil like link from sensor to the valve stem. if its a valve stem type sensor dont bother trying to take it out, it will just cause damage to the stem and it wont make a seal well mounting them to the next rim, i would recommend getting knew ones to replace…

we get them from car quest at decent prices. sometimes they have to be special ordered tho.

thats the easy step…

if u do get new sensors u WILL have to relearn the sensors to learn them to the tpms computer… to do so follow these steps…

1. turn car off completely make sure in park.
  2. apply e-brake (if your e-brake system is not hooked up so that the light comes on this will not work)
  3. turn car on the acc position.
  4. hold the lock and unlock button on your key fob at the same time and hold until horn chirps.
  5. with the pressures set to vehicle manufacture specs, starting from left front increase and decrease air pressures until horn chirps. (i usually let air in for 5 seconds then let out for 5 seconds)
  6. after horn chirps follow the same process from left front to right front, right front to right rear, right rear to left rear (horn will chirp after sensor is learned at each wheel).
    FOLLOW THIS SETUP OR THE SENSOR WILL LEARN THE WRONG POSITION
  7. after the last sensor is learned the horn will do a double chirp.
  8. set all air pressures back to normal and your all set.

if you have problems doing this set up pm me i wont mind comming out to help.

I have the rubber valve stem ones.

pm sent