Question about titling a vehicle?

Is it possible to registered a vehicle in another state without actually physically bein in that state?

Like if I wanted to registered a vehicle in Pennsylvania and im in Florida?

Thanks

I believe you have to be physically in the state to register the vehicle because of notarizing and such. I may be wrong though…

Trying to register the S2k in PA?

yes possibly, i could prolly have my mom do it she has power of attorney since im deployed, checked insurance today, it would be $600 dollars cheaper to insure the s2k in pa for 6 month policy and I think that might be worth it lol

I’m not sure about title stuff but call Penndot about being in the military and being in Florida even though you have an address in PA. you can register your car because of some soldiers sailors act or something like that. you won’t need to get it inspected every year you will just need to have Penndot send you the stickers to ya. I’d look more into it at JAG or something. you’ll need an Affidavit or some other junk done every year when you’re in the military. That’s all I know.

thanks man

will I have to pay taxes if I register it in PA again since its already registered in FL?

the tittle thing i dont know

but being deployed outside the state you do not need inspection (state). till 30 days after your orders expire and you return back home.

you will need insurance and to keep the car registered.

I would go talk to jag but i think you take all the documents and get them notarized send them to to who ever has power of attorney. they can finish it all a local notary

you have to switch registration and everything to PA or keep it FL. it has to be registered in the state that it’s plated to. um if you are still paying PA state taxes since you still live in PA right? if not you shouldn’t need to pay the PA state taxes and you should still be able to get a PA registration and plate. talk with JAG they have answers there and paper work like Affidavits and other good info about registration of vehicles in the military.

is this a temp fla registration or perm. if it is regular registration then why are you here asking all the questions.

put it this way if you didnt pay taxes on the car you will when tittling it in pa.

best bet to find out all the info is go to yellowpages.com and call a notary

well its prolly still in the process, but the reason i want to registered it in PA is because then I can insure it alot cheaper

diferent active duty bases have diferent rules.

like Bragg have whatever registration
ft lewis 1 of 3 had to be from state of washington. ie registration inspection insurance.

it is the base rules not states

I guess the better question is that I have paid taxes on the vehicle when I purchased it from the dealer, just wondering cuz I have never bought a vehicle in PA from a dealer, I have always bought from private party and paid the taxes at the notary when transferring titles, will I have to pay taxes to the notary of just the fees and/or plate and registration

NO!!

just give me a call i can help

412-443-3349

JAG notarizes for free. Now I too have ??? about this I bought my EP3 and paid taxes in GA for it already I am trying to register it in PA now. Will they make me pay taxes again? or should I show documentation about paying taxes in GA. I’m currently in Iraq so it sucks I can’t do much other than assist my wife with that stuff. Also since I’m stationed in GA I shouldn’t have to do a yearly inspection by PA’s standards since I’m military and stuck in GA.

thanks i will!

just show proof of paying taxes and you will be fine

inspection yes and no

technically if you wife is living in GA then no inspection. but if she is living or staying in pa more than 30 days connectively yes

I didn’t know that. I guess you have more info on this subject than I do.

i have 15 years in the military so i been through similier situations

I figured since the car is in PA then they would have it inspected but while I’m deployed the car and her are in PA. I hope she can learn to drive my car soon so all this can get done. I want to be able to drive my car to the BBQ when I come home for R&R. I just hope I’m still on R&R for the BBQ. thanks for the info

do not worry about the inspection. just keep a copy of your orders in the car. no cop in the right mind will ticket a deployed soldier. truest me on this

if she needs any help or advice tell your wife to pm me…there are enough people on pittspeed to get everything taken care of

ps also since she is in RESERVE and i am a shaler graduate we can get you car taken care of

there are shops on here like 1st try and hybrid that can take care of all the concerns you have about your car