Question about wire harness

Will a 92-95 Civic Si VTEC harness work with a b16 swap?

bump i know someone has to know the answer to this

yes close enuff

close enough for rock and roll

1992 is ideal because it is already wired for VTEC at the firewall.

IIRC, the JDM and USDM are exactly the same, just like putting in a USDM GSR swap, plug and play on a 1992 Civic HB.

Your 1994 will require the same wires to engage VTEC as if you were putting in a USDM GSR in that case. Just a few wires, and BAM, you’re good to go.

If you have the ECU to firewall harness, it should be really simple.

sounds like you can swap a honda with your eyes closed

I’m learning more and gettin’ there, but your Honda-fu is still stronger than mine :smiley:

ahhahah

thank you to all, the reason i asked is because of the price difference between a gsr harness and a Si harness, its like a 200 dollar difference but wanted to make sure

Yeah, Si harness will do fine. OBD 2 motors have more sensors you don’t need, so that could get you confused if you have on of those motors.

From my experience B series and D series engine harnesses work the same.

Good luck!

my only question about using a D series harness is do they have a knock sensor?

As Joe said to me, in reference to the knock sensor…

haha joe knows all

Hmm. Not sure on that. Good point.

From doing a little research it looks like the obd2 vtec d series motors are the only with the knock sensor…I’m not sure on this though. I should probably just look at my damn motor sitting in the garage…

Did some research, and I’m pretty sure only the obd2 harnesses have it wired up already in it.

There is an easy way to disable the sensor if you’d like to go that route. It basically tricks the ecu.

Here’s a link how to do it:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1181854

You could also just wire it straight to the ecu, it wouldn’t me that hard.

Good luck!