question for the civic gurus

well, i snagged a 92 hatch…and it came with three suspensions.

its sitting on Blox full coilovers with a Skunk2 camber kit. In the hatch were some boxes. black struts I assume are stock, with yellow springs on them, and another box from H&R with black springs in it.

Now, I had initially thought that the yellow springs were the H&R springs on the stock struts, and that the black springs in the H&R box were the stock springs. BUT I searched Ebay and H&R springs are black, and the only two brands that had yellow or a light orange were Ksport and Nuespeed.

I guess I am looking to see if there are other companies, or if there is a line of H&R’s that were yellow so I know what spring rates and such they are to decide what to keep and what to get rid of.

any help (this is a previous uncle ben’s white hatch that my friend purchased in '05 and never was able to get to pass inspection so i took it off his hands…if that helps, maybe the original owner can shine some light on the situation)

yellow could be koni
h&r came in read too

hmm, thanks…I glanced for some markings but pitting/surface rust made it difficult…ill check again tonight and try harder lol

Are the springs the same length (the black and yellow ones)?

I’d bet that the yellow ones are Neuspeed springs. I doubt they’re Ksports, I’m not even sure if Ksport was around in '05. The black ones are probably the H&Rs.

As far as what to keep, figure out what springs you have and use those with some Koni Yellows or another good shock. Get rid of the Blox stuff.

I think I want to stick with the adjustability of the Blox full coiloevers…worst case scenario, I would swap out the springs on them for some higher rates if they suck

as far as i know koni makes yellow struts and blue springs.

whos hatch is this? there was only 2 white hatches in uncle bens, dans and bills. bill still owns his and dans i think is stil owned by wayne.

neuspeed and goldline are yellow springs

I dont know, but in 2005, the previous owner lived on berg rd. in west seneca.

steves old car slacker127 or something is his name here

goldlines :tup: thats what im thinking …

sell me your camber kit

yea its stevo hatch

cool, I’ll try to PM him to ask what was what…camber kit not for sale lol. I will have both the H&R’s and the (goldlines?) for sale pending confirmation of what they are.