Question for the diesel owners on here

Thats more like it :lol

True.

I figure that my truck will have around 160k when its paid for.
I dont see a problem with it lasting that long as long as I take care of it. These days getting to 200k isnt a big issue for alot of vehicles.

My cousin had a '97 F150 that he never really took care of, drove like a one ton towing and hauling shit, drove it for a year or two with the CEL on and it misfiring (eventually fixed it) and it had 203k on it when he sold it and bought a newer F150.

very true my dads truck was 52g’s when he bought it and that was every option possible except the sunroof!

The only matanince I had to do this year was oil changes and 2 fuel filters. Otherwise nothing. In 2010 cummins is going to be made by the same people that make duramax anyway. So much for rivals.

I was at jack byrne today getting fathers truck inspected and I saw they had a new 350 srw 6.4 lariat that listed for 54g’s. Its like how the hell can people afford these things…

How costly are the oil changes and the fuel filters? And do these trucks have fuel/water separators like the big rigs do?

My brother put over $4k into his truck this year.

Steering shit, shocks, tires, and suspension shit. Right now its in my friends garage because it needed a wheel bearing and another brake caliper. We just put calipers on it last winter.
Its on its third set of shocks this year too.

yeah my dad knows the dealer and got a real good price! the family has been buying cars/ semi’s there since they opened business in 1954! but they are so ridiculsly priced!

its a dodge wat do you expect!?!?!

12 quarts + a filter in my brother’s truck so its usually a little more than $60.
His fuel filter is just a paper one thats in a housing on top of the motor. Cummins I6. Its not too expensive- I think less than $20.

Yeah, Dodges are shit.
Now if there was a way to get a Ford truck with a Dodge (Cummins) motor and a Chevy (Allison)tranny that would be awesome.

i heard the duramax is like 10qts and I knew the old 7.3 powerstroke takes like 15qts

trying to remember prices for filter… oil filters are like 15-25 and fuel filters are like 20-30 all depending on where you get them. the duramax has a water separator as part of the fuel filter; filter has a water drain off on bottom. dont flame if my prices are a little off ive never bought the filters myself, just work on diesel trucks on a regular basis

also, you guys with the allison trannys if you ever need any parts let me know. My uncle works for them, so he might be able to hook ya up with good prices.

has nothing to do with being a diesel, a magnum or hemi would have the same problems

good info. thanks. Im just making sure I do all of my homework first before I buy anything. Been searching around the diesel forums too

I know for sure my brother never pays that much for an oil filter. I just checked Advance and its $5.79 for a Fram.

yeah, I know but Im just saying how shit’s more expensive on a heavy duty truck.

will he be able to install my suncoast stage 4 parts and SC-1056 converter when they come in? im gonna need someone to put it together for me!

Sick man. Yea its 10 qaurts. Fuel filter from napa is like 20 bucks. The fuel filter has a water in fuel sensor if that helps answer your question.