Question for the diesel owners on here

yeah im gonna pick up a airdogII 165 which is a lift pump but also is a water/fuel separator always good to have!

as long as you have a good supplier for fuel you dont have to worry about the water separator, my best recommendation is to buy your fuel from the same place, so if you do have any problems you know where it is coming from. whenever you change a fuel filter put the contents of your old filter into a clear container and look at the water content, with good fuel you should never accumulate much water within regular filter change intervals. if you do see a good amount of water or experience running problems then change to a different provider.

well hes not a tech. Hes a sales rep. Basically he works with companies and helps them figure out what a good set up would be for what they need in there heavy duty trucks. But he does know a lot of people and Im sure he could point you in the right direction as far as a good tech.

yeah i havent got around to it but was gonna stop at the shop on wolf rd and see if they would do it! i dont think they would say no…

Same thing my trucks got. Everything but the sunroof.

Yeah, i didnt realize the airdog setup was also a separator too, nice.

and its definitely relies on what your driving and what your using it for. most newer 1/2 front ends hold up well under normal use, but they get just as expensive when there over used hanging snow plows out front. especially if you have something with ifs.

Next year i def want to sell the beater/money i have saved up and get a diesal.
<<<wants to roll coal :slight_smile:

Im sure they wouldn’t turn ya away. What I could do for you guys is, I can see if my uncle can send me a bunch of technical info the tranny and I set ya up with it. Im sure he can get his hands on some pretty useful info.

+1 on going tho the same place for fuel. Also if your talking about atlantic john let me know. We send a lot of busses over there

“Roalling coal” is not actually a good thing for the motor… Means your dumping way too much fuel.

yeah the damn things are pricey! but they are loaded heated leather, bose, 8" sub, and all sorts of stuff!

debatable, a little extra fuel can always control high egt’s, WHEN ITS TUNED RIGHT, and still make power. if you dont believe me then go ahead and say it i have plenty of diesel performance experience to back this up(though im not going into all the reasons why it works and when you want it)

yeah thats the one. shouldnt be til around feb/march but def will let you know!

once you get to a certain power level “rolling coal” is inevitable

Not debating… Just sharing what I’ve read on a few forums and a couple magazines. And yeah I realize its gonna be inevitable once the motor is pushed so much

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=271597813&dealer_id=505820&car_year=2006&rdm=1261278160236&lastStartYear=1981&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make3=&make2=GMC&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=32&fuel=Diesel&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&model2=&search_lang=en&sownerid=1374338&showZipError=y&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=24000&body_style=TRUCKS&drive=4%20wheel%20drive&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceDESC&address=12211&advanced=y&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=30000&cardist=87&standard=false

what do you guys think of this? 30g’s seems a little pricey though…

wait till spring if poosible prices will drop ,oh and get a tundra if ya dont need a diesel they tow exc great gas mileage and exc payload cappacity

most sources now are all against smoke because of the image it gives diesel, which is not a horrible thing, but you cant always believe them when they say what part you MUST use to make more power. chips/programmers are usually what they are most biased about, same with ‘cold air intakes’. they will also have mile long article telling you what exhaust is better when there isnt one that will make any more power than eliminating your cat/muffler and using the rest of your stock pipe

well Im hoping the prices will come down like they were last spring. I should have bought one then, but got cold feet.

Our tow truck for the 50 foot enclosed is a 3500HD. Best damn diesel we’ve ever owned, period. I love that truck more than any vehicle up here.