Question for Whitey....

I noticed your Jetta was turboed…any chance I can get more pics of the bay? :confused:

I really want to boost my car, but am not sure If i want to SC or TC…

My jetta is my dailydriver and I am looking for mostly reiabilty along side with posotie power gains…

The Nuespeed supercharger is anythng but good(from what I’ve read) whenit comes togiving you power gains, but the reliability is quite excellent. If you have a minute, could You answer a few questions for me?? Thanks…

1. How much did you get your kit from and how much was the final price (install)

2. How much did your insurance increase? I am 17 and am already paying top dollar to keep my car on the road.

3. I am not too familiar with turbos, so what exactly will I be expecting power wise for my 2.0?

4. WILL IT BEAT A 1991 HONDA CRX Si??? :cool:

Thanks a lot man…

-Joe

Originally posted by JettaGT383
4. WILL IT BEAT A 1991 HONDA CRX Si??? :cool:

THE HONDA CAN NEVAR LOOOOOOSE!! :smiley:

(a Honda CRX Si only has 108 hp. You can throw a supercharger/turbocharger on just about any car and beat a CRX in a straight line… it’s the turns you’ll have to worry about.)

check the W.O.W PIC’S IN THE GALLARY!!!:smiley:

I just wanted to know cause my friend is sitting next to me telling me his CRX will burn me, (he is trying to get a B16 swap). Another thing too…How many speeding tickets have you gotten lately?? haha Pgh Cops were bustin my balls with a $300 fine for “Street Racing” when i wasnt. I just got my new clutch, and i was a little heavy on the gas after getting my car back after a long time andIdropped the clutch and my tires chirped…then the Red and Blue started flashing…

Got off though…thank god…my insurance would have Sky-rocketed

he came to the right place honestly though. sailor, habes, geoff and sonny probably know more about Turbo VW’s then the whole local VW forum put together. and I am no slouch when it comes to knowledge on turboing the 2.0 8v engine.

1. check with vw16vcabby, he can build you a kit and do the install.

2. Insurance companys do not know about the mods you do to a car.

3. running my setup right now at about 8psi i should be around 200+ to the wheels.

4. i would put cars on the kid.

guys this is semi on-topic… please help the fellow :grouphug: vdubber and don’t flame…

… seriously

dont buy anything from atp

or EIP

good call on eip… had a kid tell me the other day he dropped 6k for a “built” motor from them— aba 8v w/ forged rods pistons that where a no name company, and no arp fasteners or headwork or anything else… wish i had 6k to blow, lol