Question... how Many times have you pulled your motor...

ive had mine out twice so far, and plan on at least 3 more before im done with the car. ive done 5 on slomies accord over the last year, and i have done 2 civic swaps in just this past week

Mustang: at least 5…trann is a different story as that is definitely double digits.
SHO: 1 so far…I’ll be pulling this one again soon to do some 200k maintenance:)

no engines on the SHO but the tranny has failed 3 tiems resulting in a swap. even with over 216K the only thing i have done to the engine is timing belt and rod bearings.

lxtasy you don’t have to pull the engien for any maintnance on the SHO. if you want a hand call me

lol.

haha, my firebird has the 3.8 in it, it really is pretty solid. wonder if anyone else caught my sarcasm

never pulled a motor before actually… just top end stuff

hmm all my cars just had bolt ons so i never pulled an engine out of a car…now if we speak snowmobiles and dirtbikes then…id say over 100… but i am a virgin with pulling any 4+cylenders…

Did you ever notice that people who claim to know a lot about cars are always fixing their cars?:biglaugh:

Pffttt… over-rated, might be pulling the rod bearings next season if the car makes it. :slight_smile:

Only one that needed it was the toyota for a second swap, reliability my ass.

never pulled the motor in the gtp, did the cam threw passenger wheel well and have pulled blower off a few times.

I know the motor doesn’t have to get pulled to do maintenance…I was stating that for the things that I will be doing to my motor it will be easier to just yank the motor and do it all out of the car…save my back ya know? I have to replace the clutch, have the tranny rebuilt, rod bearings, oil seals, check the shims, timing belt, tighten the reinforced motor mounts, etc…

First z -pulled motor and parted car

87 325e -pulled motor but sold shell when i found the wagon

88 325 wagon - motor is about to be out, just need to drop the driveshaft

99 civic -blown motor out, d16y7 block with d16y8 head in, and sold

another 71 240z- motor will come out to spray the bay. damn i love these things, motor out in like 45 minutes

edit: we dont need no stinking load levelizer

http://photos-599.facebook.com/ip001/v14/4/59/15704873/n15704873_30051599_3186.jpg

Did a swap in a 94 thunderbird, once in a 77 chevy pickup and very soon in a 85 monte ss.

nooo its either cuz of abuse which i wont deny i dont give it… or retardness which ive done myself as well… but more towards abusing the hell outta the car…

i can pull a h22 and swap a new one in in a day with out a problem now… i actually have the tear down steps down to memory. LOL… but ive known people who have built motors that blow as they first start them cuz of timing and whatever else… luckely its never been me… but ya like my first time was stupid cuz i knew i needed to change the timing belt
put it off and off…

WHAM… valves and pistons said hello to each other :frowning: not fun…

but other times are for crazy abuse id say and i dont think its the people who think they know about cars… its the people who wanna DIY…

Honestly id rather see a guy DIY it and blow the motor the first itme and redo it and know his car … learn about it and be able to say uve done that rather then… “yeah i just sent my car to _______ to get a new motor put in cuz i dont have the tools and dont wanna mess it up”

i give more credit to the ones who wanna do it and not pay for it…

BUILT NOT BOUGHTEN…

ok im done… ha

pulled this motor twice for swaps & once for shits and giggles

Pulled mine 4 times and its not the last

Never have, plan to with the project car

come to find out, I’m going to have to pull it once more.

:ugh:

3.8 or 4.6?

Pulled the head again today. That makes 3 times in 5 days. Woo woo.

I think we have finally figured out the problem though…