question i need an answer to before morning 7am

Sorry to post this here but i need to know before morning
my car is still making the noise i posted about but now today on the way to my hockey game my check engine lite went on… any place around niagara falls/wheatfield/north tonawanda that will read the code and let me know whats wrong?

if its obd2 u can buy a scanner (then return it) to check and clear codes…altho the code will prolly come back most likely, but at least u know what it is.

any shop can do it too…and im not sure but some places (autozone,napa) might read/scan for free, but i doubt it cuz who does anything for free anymore.

autozone hoe

Advance auto. Fuck autozone.

All of our stores do it for free.
All we can do is tell you what the code comes up as. We can’t by law clear it (gay, I know) but just ask if you can clear the code yourself and they’ll usually let you.

ya im thinking its something bad. im assuming it has to do with that noise i posted about… does it really matter if the code is cleared or not? as long as its done by inspection right… it doenst have to be done right away

thank you advance auto parts for opening at 730am that made my day… code i got was p0420 - catalyst efficiency below threshold (bank 1) any GM guys here know what that means?

oxygen sensor, bank 1. most p codes are the same between all makes

so its nothing major… thank god

Shit. Mine has been on for 2 months. Made me realize I should go to Advance and check it tonight.