WTBorrow: OBD-II Scanner

Does anyone have a scanner i could borrow for like 10-15 minutes? my car has a CEL and I’d like to figure out what it is. I’ve checked the TSB’s on the car and I’m hoping its just caused by one of those…but if anyone could help me out i’d appreciate it. I’m at work now untl 11:30 and get home around midnight. let me know thanks!

-Anthony

call me when you get a chance, i have one in my car with the code reader

Run it here and i’ll be happy to scan it. Transit/sheridan area

Always Autozone for free but doesn’t help if you want it done tonight and don’t get off work till 11:30. I’d offer mine but I’m old and in bed by midnight. :slight_smile:

will you be up around midnight lol

and will you be up that late? lol

Naa i’m probally older than Jay. So after the blue plate special at 4:30pm-5:00pm i’m fairly tired. I sometimes can make it till 10
I am free in the mornings though

lol, i’ll be up for a while, give me a call when you get out lol

awesome ill let ya know :tup:

i will do that lol

Go to advanced auto and get a reading for free?

im at work right now and dont have time

didnt somebody here offer diagnostic scanning with some rediculous tool he just bought?

nelstoys i believe for like 20 bucks lol

did you get this sorted out?? Probably just the maf sensor seeing too much air. Your car hasn’t gone into limp mode recently has it?

It happend to me on the highway today :tdown:. But i have hptuners to clear it. If you still need it cleared let me know. i might be able to do it tomorrow or friday. Seems you work around the same hours i do.

yeah my friend chris had a scanner and the code was for evap. does the filler neck on these cars have a flap that closes and opens when you fill up your tank? i cant remeber because mine doesnt have one.

hmmm not exactly sure. i know there isn’t one directly noticable when you remove the gas cap.

ahh okay…thats what i was curious about…i probably just didnt put the gas cap on all the way, but thank you for the offer for helping me out!

theres alot of newer cars getting evap codes from people filling up with it running, by chance ya do that??

the monitor for evap is not a continous monitor. It runs here and there. thats why it wont always set while you are filling up. Unless it runs while you are filling. But once it does run and see’s the leak at the cap it will trip the cel. I think some cars it take 3 runs of the monitor (and see a leak each time) before it will set.