Question of bov placement

Well, when i bought my car it came with some knock off bov that eventually wasn’t able to close anymore… so i got a blitz bov for cheap however i had no means of attaching it where the ebay one was… On the hot pipe for my intercooler i noticed it had a small split that was being blocked up so i opened that and attached it there replacing the pipe where the old bov was completely… however the location is a bit off and I’m wondering if it was okay to do this…

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/vash87ca/mo3-1.jpg

if u look to bottom right you will see what I’m talking about (this is when the ebay one was still on)

Any help is appreciated, I just want to know if this will affect performance in anyway

Thanks

it should be okay…but closer to the throttle body is always best.

both hotpipe and coldpipe work, but like nismo said most people prefer to put it on the cold pipe so when the throttle body closes, the pressure in the charge system doesn’t run back towards your turbo and has a quick escape point. but if you’re recirculating your bov then the hotpipe.

I’m unsure of what recirculating actually is… Right now i have a small hose attached to the top of the bov… that how the ebay one was set up so i just swapped it in… i didn’t know anything about cars before my 240, soo slowly over the years ive been learning off this site and google essentially… I think I’ve learned alot but theres obviously a whole lot i still dont know :S but otherwise i guess its okay, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

you want your bov closest to your throttle body so that when it snaps shut the access pressure can escape and not go back into the turbo. as previously stated. re-circulating just means instead of it going ptshh it’s silent, and no air is exiting the chargepipe. recirc systems are good for sleepers. but if you want people to atleast know your boosted stick a bov on the cold side charge pipe maybe 6-8 inches from the throttlebody

or leave it on the hotpipe and run blow through. no stalling, no re-circulating, but you still got the pssshhh

recirculating means its not an atmosphere dump…the air blowen off is relocated…or shot back into the intake before the turbo to equalize the pressure so the car doesnt run rich for the time you let off the gas while in Boost…

interesting, well mines definitely not recirculated… it just goes to atmosphere but I usually shift at around 2.5k as gas isn’t cheap, so i rarely hear the bov anyway :stuck_out_tongue: but whats that small hose for then that attaches at the back of the bov? for some reason a part of me wants to call it a “vacuum” line but i really have no idea what it is…

yup its a vacuum line…assists the BOV movement, Open and Closing movements