Cold pipe or Hot pipe?

Where do I put the BOV? Cold pipe or Hot pipe and WHY? Make sure to explain your reasoning behind your answer. Thanks in advance guys

http://www.google.ca

Reasoning: It’s an ongoing debate. Just google it and I’m 100% sure you’ll get the answers you want.

i say hot lets air out at the source where some ppl like it on cold for other reasons

BOV reliefs pressure so you do not blow off pipes. Does not matter what side you put it on. BUT, O.E 99% of the time is on the cold pipe.

OEM is normally on the cold pipe but if you will be pushing alot of boost I’d suggest putting it close to the turbo to relieve the pressure on the turbo… correct me if I’m wrong anyone…

does not matter where it is. In my mind at least. As long as it reliefs the pressure

you want it as close to the throttle body as posible,so mostly on the cold side.you want the quickest possible reaction with your throttle plate movement,which keeps more pressure builtup it your piping most of the way instead of having to refill backup the piping if it was way back on the hot side! it comes down to throttle responce…not really a big deal…e.g

sr20det b.o.v mounted on hotside
if you notice the turbos used on the sr20`s got that flutter(turbo surge sound)and it becomes more noticeable as you turn the boost up.this could be the reason why the engineers have mounted the b.o.v on the hotside in order to reduce excessive pressure on the turbo

talon/eclipse 4g63t coldside
No surge at all
so the design of the turbo can play a role in where the b.o.v is mounted…

Not again…

Put it on the hot side because the bov can get frozen/stuck if you put it on the cold side. This is due to the intercooler cooling the air, and if your bov gets stuck, you will get compressor surge and fuck up your turbo.

Don’t run a BOV at all

it’s one thing to make light of it, but at least don’t post bullshit… come on

oh shit son!!!

I think it’s obvious enough that it’s a joke. And even if they think it’s true and they put it on the hot side, it won’t blow their car up. Hot or cold, it really doesn’t matter too much in the end.

i welded my flange on the intercooler…

Put it on the cold side, and instead of recirculating it, duct it towards the brake calipers so you can cool your taurus brakes under deceleration. lol I love SON.

lol genius!

if youre recirculating , put it on the hot side near the pre-turbo inlet pipe

if not, lots of people suggest near the throttle plate

but it’s not going to make a world of difference in either case, hot or cold

First off, thanks to those who answered seriously.

AhmadG, thanks for the great advice. However, delinquent kids like yourself should keep their “two cents” to themselves when answering a rather controversial question. If you knew the answer or had any idea as to why people choose either side, then maybe a comment from you would be necessary. Oh god how I love SON as well, keep up the childish posts :wink:

^I was poking fun at Fobwall, thats all.

If I was being serious and attempted to give advice (I only have theoretical knowledge from reading, no experience at all), I’d say hot side because the routing for the recirculation would be easier to do. I’d prefer not to backfire during shifts next to a cop, so I plan to recirc when I go turbo. :stuck_out_tongue:

guess he pulled an Ahmed, haha…

I would recommend the hot pipe side, it’s the closest to turbo components. Most setups I’ve seen run them on the the hot side, but it’s weird cuz I have yet to see a definitive answer… :/:

either way, I’d stick with a cat so if popping occurs, it’s in check between shifts and checks, also my emissions don’t get hassled with too!!

Do not kid yourself like I did. Recirculation BOV is still QUITE loud.