Question regarding 1992 240sx

Hey guys, I am looking in the new future to be buying my first car and I have made my mind to up buy a Nissan s13 ( 240sx) model. I am just wondering some information regarding them, as in how easy are they to work on?, do they rust easily? good on gas? Also what after-market parts would you suggest on getting? Any help would be very great full!

thank you, C

Read, read FAQs, search. All your questions will be answered.

That is to say, don’t be so damn lazy.

They’re fairly easy to work on if you’re remotely mechanically able, they always rust, you’ll be hard pressed to find an S13 that doesn’t have rust on it.

They’re good on gas, but not if you put your foot in it, same as any sportscar. (My SR gets about 5-600km/tank highway, and 400-450ish city.)

If you’re planning on keeping the KA, intake, exhaust, cams. Otherwise, the ever popular SR20DET swap is avalible, and there’s tons for that. CA18DET is a nice choice for the S13 HB, but not as much aftermarket support.

That’s the quick and dirty, you want more? Search.

There easy to work on, good choice, if u choose on doing just about anythign to. and they ushaly rust on the frame around the driver or passenger seat area. sometimes on the strut towers, make sure u look at them all befor you buy, plus there probibly the funest cars to drive. cheers.

31 posts regarding your question in the FAQ section;

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=322

ok thanks! that was very helpfull

actually theyre not all that great to work on… i hate when rusty bolts snap. its sucha bitch.

but see, isnt that like any car? lol

not new ones haha