Questions about Audi 3.0L and ATF for sludge removal

fixedddddddd

IF you suspect you have a oil pressure issue i would strongly encourage you NOT to put a solvent (atf) into your oil which will make it very thin, and then proceed to run the engine at 4k for 45 min which will very likely overheat your engine as well as your engine oil assuming you are free reving due to lack of air flow.

Step one on diagnosing audi oil pressure light. Put a gauge on it!

If you dont want to do that the. At least pull your lower oil pan and make sure you dont have shit clogging you oil pickup, then replace your oil pressure sensor. If light continues to come on and you still dont want to put a gUge on it or trace wiring start throwing parts at it starting with a oil pump.

The 3.0 is a pretty good engine. Unless it was run out of oil or the pressure sensor is bad they dont often have oil pressure issues.

Back in the day managers at Valvoline did use ATF as engine flushes. They’d charge customers 25$, run the car for 15 minutes and drain it, fill it with oil, run it again for a few minutes, drain and then change it. Didn’t matter on what type of vehicle that’s how they did it. One time this dipshit let the customer drive off with an engine full of ATF. She came back three days later for a wiper fluid top off and he noticed he never put the engine oil in, car was still fine.

I would put an oil pressure gauge on it if I was worried about it. At this point you don’t know wether you have a problem or not; an oil pressure gauge will tell you

A lot of people have negative things to say about those oil flushes because they free up a bunch of shit that might clog the oil pickup.

Some people have just done multiple oil changes over a short period of time to clean theirs up since.

This

I’m going to get a gauge on it and change the oil up and see where I’m at at that point. I don’t mind spending money as long as it’s in the right place. Don’t want to throw cash at everything for no reason.