Quick Budget Project: Audi 90

Bought this car from my buddy Matt (sexonwheels). Needed some things when I got it, but I was just looking for something cheap and pretty cool at the time.

Yes it’s an Audi. Yes it’s a Quattro 20 Valve. Yea it’s rare as shit… what of it??

First day I had it (Yes… April)

After the snow melted

First order of business was to get the interior looking ok.

Replaced the “Type-S” light-up shift knob and all of the missing pieces and shit

Before

After

Also replaced the missing gas pedal, ashtray covers, etc.

I then decided to replace the 02 sensor and cat as neither seemed to be doing the car any good (car stumbled with the 02 plugged in)

Got kind of out of control and so far I have this as an exhaust (nevermind the 02 sensor hole before the resonator, I cut it off shortly after this photo). This part was made from a scrap exhaust from a Civic and a part of a header… and some other stuff.

For my first time welding stainless, it turned out pretty good. Just have to finish the axle back when my v band comes in.

It sounds like this right now. I tacked on a turndown that exits right in front of the rear tires

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/LKSi89/th_VIDEO0002.jpg

The next project I’m working on is getting the big brakes I ordered to fit. I ordered rotors, calipers and pads from a Coupe Quattro, which require 15" wheels. After some prick screwed me out of some Borbet wheels that would’ve fit awesome, I ended up with these 15x8 +14 Mustang mexican specials. The rear tire is flatter than Dakota Fanning in this pic… so relax. I took it to Stewart’s (home of free air) to fill the tires to the recommended 44psi shortly after this photo.

They’re actually relatively flush, but I’m going to have boxersix INCREASE (yeah Kramer… suck it) the offset for a better fit. Hoping there’s enough material to go between +25 and +30.

I made this photoshop to show what I’d like the car to look like. Not too bad for the most budget minded shit I’ve ever done.

Nothing too stupid, looking to keep at least 205’s on there.

Over the next few weeks, I will be finishing the exhaust, building the coilovers… yes, building them (already have some parts), working on the exterior, hopefully getting the wheels to fit, and laying down with some fine young women.

Looking badass sir!

If you saw how hilarious it was at the moment… you probably wouldn’t say that haha

MExi-poke is hot.

so whats the story on the Type T’s???

yeah… I’m just praying random Stanceworks guys don’t come up to me in public and bother me

Paid for them… kid said he was shipping them… asked for $100 more for shipping after the fact… told him absolutely not. End of deal. Hopefully he gets desperate haha

who cares,they are a bunch of queers anyway

did you get your money back?

i hate people who agree to a price, then back pedal when the deal is done.

yeah it’s all back. I even offered to mail him shipping labels. He wasn’t having it. Just wanted more money.

after admitting he was selling them on CL for much less than you had paid for them

Well since we agreed on $200 shipped… I wasn’t complaining haha. Got the Mustang wheels with good tires for less though

just alerted the stanceworks police, youre pretty much fucked.

seriously though the thing looks pretty damn good lol

I like it

Sent this over to Shawn, you had about 10 people rollin with this comment :rofl

Who da fuck recommended 44 psi! that is usually max bead seating pressure or for full load which is probably well over 1k lbs per tire. Bring those down to 30-34 psi and enjoy.

44 psi is the maximum recomended pressure for most passenger tires. Technically your not suppose to exceed 40 when seating a bead. I have seen guys go as high as 80 though. Makes one hell of an asshole puckering noise when the tire does seat up though. my pjb post for the day.

Is this thing turbz

naked like yours

I love the title of this thread. Why can’t we plus rep for titles. Quick + Budget + Audi 90 = Oxymoron.

I think we hit 60+psi when setting a bead one time, fucking crazy loud lol