Quick Question cant take bolt out

hey i cant take those 2 bolts out to remove the caliper assembly to put in my new rotors, i’ve try’d heatin it with a torch didnt work, used pipes as leverage didnt work, maybe jus torch the bolt for 10 minutes? lol anybody?

put a rachet on it, then put a pole over the rachet if its not big enough and stand and wobble up and down.

yah i cant do that cause theres no room for the pole, i have a smaller gas line that i use which is all that fits, the larger one doesn’t clear the bumper, limited room

heat longer, get her cherry red, just make sure you STAY AWAY from any lines.

Theo

well i just broke a fucking bolt im fucked.

errrrrrrrrrr should i heat up the other one or wd40 the bitch

alrite i heat the other bitch up and took her out slowly, now that peice of the caliper wont come off cause of the busted bolt, my questions are…

how do i get this bolt out and is there any other way to take the rotor off without removing this peice the piston goes on top of… this is a 92

Are you talking about the two bolts that go into the knuckle? If you are, I had the same problem when I tried to replace my rotors, ended up having to take it to a shop and use a 600 ft/lb air gun to take them out. As for the broken bolt, you’ll probably have to drill it out. And you have to get that bracket off to change the rotors.

The bolt isn’t threaded into the spindle, so you can take the caliper bracket off with the rotor now that the head of the bolt has broken off, but your rotors are prob seized on and it’s going to be a mission. I’ve had to do before, good luck.

same exact thing happened to me on both of my s13s, the bolts dont seem to have any anti-sieze on them from the factory and rust forms on both the bolt and the nuckle. my dad has been a machinest for 30 years and says that this is the worst design ever/ hes never seen a bolt that has seized this much
i had to drill it out, took 3 days. this will not be an easy task

mine were a bitch too, and i just got a hammer and started hitting the ratchet hah, eventually they let go

Prybars are the worst for those caliper bolts they always snap.

You have to and it’s your only oprion is use a huge Impact Gun…

im gonna take it to a shop to get it drilled out and all new bolts from nissan if they have it… thought everything would come off and i’d jus put on the rotors and b ready to go, but once again like many times this 240 has always found a way of screwin me over.

240’s tend to do those kind of things…

I worked on those bolts for almost 2 days before I broke them loose. just keep at it and they will eventually come out.

I got them to go by using a long regular c wrench with the 12 point end, and hung onto the garage door and bounced my entire body weight on the wrench to get it to breack free… they came out I cleaned them and lubed them and havn’t had a problem since.

I was worried I would need to grab the knuckle off my parts car if I couldn’t get it off :slight_smile:

laters good luck !

Do yourself a favour. Buy an electric impact gun. I got one off eBay for
like $65. Worked like a charm. Did my brakes and 5-lug with it.

Around the same time CT had a special on their impact sockets.

Woulda been SOL without it.

wow I am really thankfull I have never run into these issues with mine, when I took them off I just had to use a 1/2" drive rachet and that was all. Good luck.