Quick Question on Engine Swap

Okay so I was wondering how “hard” or “easy” it is to swap out a V6 engine and put in a V8 engine into a mustang.

I recently sold my V6 2007 mustang. I got some money to play around with. I was looking into some nice cars aka Sully’s and Dreads GT. I want a V8 HOWEVER there are some pretty sick nicely modded V6 mustangs out there with the style I want (99-04).

I was thinking maybe if I get a V6 for 4-5k or so. I can maybe swap a V8 engine off a totaled V8 mustang into it?

Anyone know how hard it would be to get a V8 into the V6 hood?

I know it will be a lot of parts mounts, exhausts, etc but is it worth it. I am specifically asking because of this car

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/1625532012.html

I checked out the car and its reall nice. The guy said he would take 5k cash for it. But its a V6 none the less. Hence selling my V6 2007 would have been useless :smiley:

Any ideas? Or should I just stick to buying Sully’s :smiley:

Total waste of money, time and effort. Tons of these cars around, buy one with a V8, you’ll save time and money in the long run.

You can buy a V8 car cheaper than you could buy a 6 and swap it. Not to mention there will be various issues that you wil undoubtedly run into.

If you want to swap you’ll need:
4.6 2V(or swap 4V if you wanna go quick and have the cash)
4R70W trans/T-3650/T-45/T-56 trans
8.8 Rear out of a 99-04 mustang(94-98 were 3/4" narrower)
ECM/Management system
exhaust etc etc

My .02 would be save up a few bucks more and find a nice V8 stang. Orr, if you want a project buy a Foxbody roller/4cyl and convert that!

4V Modular Fox=:clap

Modular 4V is one of the best sounding engines in the world…no question

that orange one you posted is perfect for you.

I wanna do a 3V notch for my next project, just a fun, super clean quick N/A car. Def would be somethin different!

:rofl Ouchie lol

OP,

PM user “PJB”. He’s got a SMOKING deal on v8 Mustang.

Stop telling random people to PM me.

You wont be able to get a v8 swapped '96+ inspected in NY because of OBD2 plug ins.

V6 Mustang’s are for girls.

If that car you posted is REAL nice… please no more mustangs for you.

Meh. It was much better in person lol.

It looked nice.

But I have googled the engine swap and it seems like alot have done and alot more are saying not to. Was just wondering are the people who are saying not to becaues they dont know how or because they know and they know they shouldnt :smiley:

I checked his out. Its a 92’ as far as I can remmeber. I like the style 99-04. Looking for that :smiley:

Hey man, who knows, maybe he would have been interested, ya never know!

ELLE
OH
ELLE

:facepalm