Quick questions about BMW M3's

My dad did it for the last 2 BMWs he bought, most recently last year for the 435i. The friend EVO mr mentioned took his wife and kid, so I guess is can be done. I did hear him “mention” it’s not as much fun to drive with the child in the car…

x…

Yea I figured as much. Finding a babysitter for a few days is such a fucking hassle…

Bring your nanny.

no

I’m the 2x euro delivery guy. First was with gf and another couple in a 1M. Highly recommended. Second was with wife and baby in F80 M3… Not as much.
Lots of factors involved (how much driving, age of kids) but the gist of it comes down to less driving when with kids as well as harder to enjoy downtime when not sight seeing (my daughter had just learned to walk and insisted on doing it as much as possible.)

Cost-wise you can negotiate heavily when doing ED. Cars don’t come out of allocation and dealers all over the country can take care of the deal. Typically you are looking at ED Invoice pricing ± 1K. Definitely the way to go if buying/leasing new.

The actual ED experience is awesome. Munich is an amazing city with a very cool mix of old an new (this is important since you pick up and can drop off there.) Driving Europe is also something special. If you’re thinking of a european vacation at some point, then it’s a no brainer.

Thanks for your input. After reading this I went to bmw to get the low down on every option I was looking at.

This is what I found out.

ED base price on a M4 was 59,755 (just add your options)

I think i was around 68k. Now add expenses for travel…

Dealership said they wouldn’t move on msrp for a new M4 on the lot.

No lease offers available

They did appraise my current vehicle and I was very happy with their offer.

Bottom line with tax, financing, and trade in I was at $560/ month for 60 months or $472 for 72 months for an M4 with ED.

It sounds appealing but I’m getting tired of car payments.

Still debating here… I have my eyes on a 2008 e92 M3 with 43k miles. With what I owe on my truck and what this car would run me I’d pretty much break even… maybe make a few bucks in the process.

What APR? How much was the selling price? Was that for a base model?

1.9% 60 months 2.9% 72 months

59,755 was for the ED base price.
64,200 base price for us point on entry (buying at dealership)

The price of options doesn’t change from the sheet i have so it on bmw’s website. I was conservative with my options I thought.

I can get you 1000 over invoice easy, pm me if your interested

I’m going to.

thanks

• Updated - - -

your inbox is full

Just cleared it out

Called your guy twice and no return call yet. However I did speak to Rob at that dealership and he said he can’t do anything more than 1500 off msrp. I’ve called several dealerships and the same thing… The worst is west herr in Rochester; 4 on their lot and will not negotiate on price. I’m working on a dealership in NJ to see what they can offer.

buy this?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4923259948.html

I like it… more feasible with two kids. I wouldn’t piss my wife off either… well maybe because I know she hates that color.

I’d have to trade my current car in though, can’t afford both. $1k +/ month car payments is insane.

I was looking on the F80.bimmer forum and some of those guys are paying that…

buy one then just sell your current car outright?

• Updated - - -

plus I think you may have a decent shot at getting something like that for $55-57k with sub 10k miles

I could. I was trying to save some cash on the tax with a trade in.

I was thinking about that too… find a used one. I’m all over the place… I almost purchased a boat over the weekend.

getting tax with a trade in is cool until they offer you 7-10k less than what youd expect to get by selling it private party

• Updated - - -

but there is something to be said about the convenience of just driving to a dealership and leaving with a different car

I agree on both accounts. This is why I strive to pay invoice on vehicles. Like my current vehicle I paid invoice and so far I’ve gotten a trade offer $1k less than what I paid and it’s a 2013 with 24k miles. I may have been lucky so far but I know the shit offers are coming…

^ This.

i just sent him a text with your number asking him to call you.