quick winter tire questions

Im not to sure where to even start with you. But I’ll try to keep to the point of this thread. Unlike yourself.

Simply put. If you can not fit a taller tire on your winter beater/car. Then it should NOT be a winter car. Who the fuck wants a low profile/small sidewall tire in the winter. Slide into a curb, now you need a rim too. Smart!

You seem like one of those form over function guys. Which, is not safe. But hey, you work in a shop. We ALL KNOW that.:rolleyes:

I will admit, I did not pay to much attention to the 17" factor. My bad there. Regardless in turn, however.

Now, since my “redneck” truck is not comparable.
S13’s with 205/60R15 O.E has a O.D of 24.7"
I went with 16" rims. Got the rims with 205/55R16. My O.D was over sized, not by much. In turn I wanted a fatter tire, and to bring my sidewall back to O.E specs. So I went with a 245/45R16. 24.7" O.D

How would this not apply to his 17" wheels?

Because you do not approve? It would look like shit?

Come on dude. You have a problem here. With me? Take it to PM.
Do not try being a big shot in front of all of SON.

You bring up the fact that I run a shop with my dad? It is true. Woopy shit.
You say I know everything? Or that I say I know everything? How can this be true? In any way? I have opened my own threads asking questions, because I DO NOT know everything. I came onto this site because I knew nothing about 240’s. I came her to learn. I came here to share my knowledge as a technician with others as well.
Where exactly is the problem with that?

I’m not putting any more time into feeding your ego in this thread. You wanna debate/argue or bitch at me some more. Take it to PM. Which you wont. Because you get no big shot status because no one else see’s it.

Then again, now you will. Just to prove you have a point.

O.P - Go to a tire store. Get advice from TIRE experts. Since you’ll be buying tires there anyways.