Quickie Help with Wheels

So, I just read Sasha’s offset/wheel thread. I’ve got a basic idea now but I’m still a bit iffy.

I’m looking at those buddy club’s for sale on the board here, ( http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12061 )

“17x7JJ, 15lb, gun metal
+42mm offset, 4x114.3 Bolt pattern”

If you guys dont mind I’d like some help breaking that down.

“17”, I got that much figured out :slight_smile:
“x7jj” I got the 7 also I hope (7" wide?) but what is “JJ” ??
“+42mm offset” now, this is fine I understand what offset is (the distance the mounting bracket is from the centerline of the tire) and after reading Sashas post I believe positive means it’s towards the outside/front of the tire. But, +42mm sounds very high, is this high or if I threw these on to my s13 with no mods or anything would it look fine?

From what I can tell this is just going to not be “flush” like Sasha keeps going on about. I don’t care so much about that, I just want it to not look retarded and not have any problems clearning anything, anywhere. Even after I throw on my megan coils and play with the manual ride height adjustments. ;] ;]

Thanks for the help as always.

-J

+42 is quite high. But most 240 guys are usually running similar offsets either just like that or with spacers.

It’s up to you. Obviously there’s a few of us who love lower offsets and there’s always teh uber-l333t driftz0r 0ffs3t Police.

But if you don’t care for flushness then buy em and leave em or add spacers.

JJ refers to the style of the rim lip or bead area–height, shape, etc.

wicked thanks for the help!

+42(7")'s will look pretty sunken on an S13. You might want to consider a lower offset. Something like a +35(8") will be alot closer to perfect and you won’t have any rubbing issues. Just make sure that the spokes of the rim clear your brake calipers.